STAY
*Ronnie Harrell
*Davion Mintz
*Tyshon Alexander
*Mitch Ballock
*Jacob Epperson
*A healthy Martin Krampelj

IN
*Damien Jefferson (transfer from New Mexico and to be honest I don't know anything about this guy)
*Christian Bishop
*Marcus Zegarowski
*Sam Froling

THOUGHTS
Another pretty darn good season spiraled downward once a key player got hurt. Thankfully, the Jays have good players such as Harell and Mintz coming back and all three of the freshmen showed flashes of hope. Jays will take a step back if Khyri leaves but they may be ok if he stays. I don't know what to expect. But I do like this recruiting class. I hope if Mike Daum gets a grad transfer out of South Dakota State, the Jays go after him as he'd fit like a glove.

Then there's Mac. What an utter embarrassment today was. Sure major injuries the past two years definitely haven't helped but Mac hasn't helped himself either. Jays the last two years in the last 15 games are 7-8. Jays have also gone winless in the NCAA tourney even with Foster, Patton, and Thomas. Mac got outcoached BADLY by Bruce freaking Weber who's not even that good. Mac and Creighton Basketball in general have a tradition of embarrassing themselves when it matters most. It's just something us Jays fans have to live with. Is it time for a change?
OmahaGuy

Creighton Review

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Creighton Review

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:05 pm

Thomas returns, I think we'll be top half of Big East, if he leaves, we'll be bottom half. Grad transfer might be key for us, we need another scorer.
Jet915

Postby EMT » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:20 pm

How the hell does that offensive team go out with so few points?
EMT

Postby kayako » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:24 pm

Any chance they can add the Dauminator if he goes the grad transfer route? I think he's a Nebraska native.
supernova
kayako

Postby OmahaGuy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:29 am

kayako wrote:Any chance they can add the Dauminator if he goes the grad transfer route? I think he's a Nebraska native.

Can confirm he is. Kimball, NE which is out west. Huskers may pursue him too if he does leave SDSU.
OmahaGuy

Postby cu blujs » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:07 am

He's not leaving SDSU to go to Nebraska. SDSU is a better program. But, CU will have plenty of competition for him. I could see several Big Ten teams going after him also, including some that will have much higher ceilings than I think will be CU's ceiling next year. I think KT is gone. I don't think he will be in the NBA next year and I have serious doubts his game will ever get him in the NBA at 6'2", with or without a 6'10" wingspan. But I think there are already too many whispers in his ear for him to not go. He probably ends up in Europe. Those who think Martin will be ready by the start of the season are dreaming I think. He won't be able to even start serious work until October earliest, which is 8 months post-op. We still have no PG, unless Zagerowski is the next coming of Tre Young, and we still have no Big East size wide body in the middle. JE is still a year or so away based on what I have seen this year. Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle and Khyri stays, maybe Harrel finds a midrange shot, maybe Davion or Tyshon develop an ability to get to the hole, maybe JE adds 20 lbs of muscle and develops some Doug McDermott post moves, maybe either Kaleb Joseph or Zagerowski turns out to be a special PG, and maybe Mac finds a way to adjust in game to what teams are doing, but I'm not holding my breath. I think CU fans should plan on booking their BET tickets a day early next year. I see us trading places with MU or GT in the bottom four.
cu blujs

Postby Bill Marsh » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:43 am

OmahaGuy wrote:I'll just get right to it

OUT
*Toby Hegner
*Marcus Foster
*Tyler Clement

MAYBE OUT
*Khyri Thomas

STAY
*Ronnie Harrell
*Davion Mintz
*Tyshon Alexander
*Mitch Ballock
*Jacob Epperson
*A healthy Martin Krampelj

IN
*Damien Jefferson (transfer from New Mexico and to be honest I don't know anything about this guy)
*Christian Bishop
*Marcus Zegarowski
*Sam Froling

THOUGHTS
Another pretty darn good season spiraled downward once a key player got hurt. Thankfully, the Jays have good players such as Harell and Mintz coming back and all three of the freshmen showed flashes of hope. Jays will take a step back if Khyri leaves but they may be ok if he stays. I don't know what to expect. But I do like this recruiting class. I hope if Mike Daum gets a grad transfer out of South Dakota State, the Jays go after him as he'd fit like a glove.

Then there's Mac. What an utter embarrassment today was. Sure major injuries the past two years definitely haven't helped but Mac hasn't helped himself either. Jays the last two years in the last 15 games are 7-8. Jays have also gone winless in the NCAA tourney even with Foster, Patton, and Thomas. Mac got outcoached BADLY by Bruce freaking Weber who's not even that good. Mac and Creighton Basketball in general have a tradition of embarrassing themselves when it matters most. It's just something us Jays fans have to live with. Is it time for a change?

No.
Bill Marsh

Postby BEhomer » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:13 am

I'm looking forward to seeing the twin tower of Epperson and Froling next season. when Kramplj makes comeback their front court should be good. they have a lot of depth at wings/guards. I thought Mintz got better toward the end. I definitely could see Ballock stepping up as playmaker and go to guy. I saw Harrell at times playing point forward so lack of true pg can be mitigated by running offense thru Ballock and Harrell.

they don't have anyone that stands out right now but they don't have any glaring holes either. just need the players to continue to develop and get better.

as far as the loss to Kstate. the team as a whole shot 26% from 3. tough to overcome bad shooting nights when you're built as 3 pt shooting team and your top scorers all struggle. I saw them try to get Epperson involved but K state made it difficult. You tip your cap to Kstate. they played good defense and slowed the tempo down.
BEhomer

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:45 pm

Daum is probably not transferring from SDSU (So Dakota St). We already have a 6-5/6-6 wing transfer in Jefferson (from NM).
Who knows what the staff will do, but I'd like another 4 yr or even a Juco PF please.
We've got tons of guards, but I believe Marcus Zegarowski will solidify the PG spot nicely and the staff has leads on another.

We've got enough personnel to remain competitive, now if we can solve the injury bug...But I'll begin plotting n scheming in June.

1st off...gotta finish watchin and rootin in the Dance.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby billyjack » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:09 am

Teams can sometimes adjust to injuries. The key is tp be lucky enough to have a backup of similar quality.

In Creighton's case, the drop off from Watson to Mintz-Clements last year was enormous.

This year, the gap from Krampelj to Epperson was huge. Patton going pro was obviously huge.

Each time, the injury was what, late January. It's impossible to lose such important pieces and straighten out the situation on the fly, while playing in a stacked conference.

Credit goes to Creighton for taking care of business and getting solid seeds.
Providence
billyjack

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board