Providence Review

The home for Big East hoops

Providence Review

Postby OmahaGuy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Nice season Friars! Didn't get a win but a 5th straight tourney appearance ain't nothing to sneeze at! Now let's see who's in, out, and staying!

OUT
*Rodney Bullock
*Jalen Lindsey
*Kyron Cartwright

STAY
*Emmit Holt (Was supposed to be a senior but suffered a season-ending injury before the season even started)
*Isaiah Jackson
*Maliek White
*Drew Edwards
*Kalif Young
*Alpha Diallo
*Makai Ashton-Langford
*Nate Watson

IN
*Jimmy Nichols
*Kris Monroe
*AJ Reeves
*David Duke

THOUGHTS
Friars fans should feel pretty optimistic for next season. Very talented recruiting class is on their way in and some good players (at least from what I saw) will remain on board including Watson, MAL, Diallo, and a healthy Emmit Holt. They'll have a stacked backcourt to go with a couple good big guys in Watson and Holt. Plus Ed Cooley IMO remains the most underrated coach in America.
OmahaGuy

Providence Review

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Providence Review

Postby EMT » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:12 pm

Friars have no true point guard on the team next year unless Duke is really a point guard or MAL all of a sudden becomes one.

Pack the paint boys because unless Reeves contributes heavily or Diallo develops an outside shot, there is no one you can count on to consistently hit a 3. This might be the worst returning outside shooting team in BE history.

Great recruiting class but they have to be great day one to make it 6 straight.
EMT

Postby BEhomer » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:35 pm

very excited about their incoming class. Diallo Holt Watson jackson is pretty good core too. young and dickens add depth and size in the front court.

I know they lose key seniors but I kind of look forward to the change.
BEhomer

Postby gosports1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:47 pm

a few years ago I just wanted PC to just get an invite now I am disappointed when they don't advance. Never satisfied I guess :P over all its been a good few years, lets keep it going.
Now to shift focus more to the hockey team plying in the Hockey East semis tonight
gosports1

Postby stever20 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:03 pm

with Holt have got to ask, any shot of having him being a graduate transfer? you always worry about that with any seniors now.
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:07 pm

gosports1 wrote:a few years ago I just wanted PC to just get an invite now I am disappointed when they don't advance. Never satisfied I guess :P over all its been a good few years, lets keep it going.
Now to shift focus more to the hockey team plying in the Hockey East semis tonight

Creighton fans can sympathize......Charlotte wasn't good for the Big East teams.
Jet915

Postby billyjack » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:14 pm

stever20 wrote:with Holt have got to ask, any shot of having him being a graduate transfer? you always worry about that with any seniors now.

According to everything we've heard, Holt will play for the Friars next year. Not transferring.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:19 pm

billyjack wrote:
stever20 wrote:with Holt have got to ask, any shot of having him being a graduate transfer? you always worry about that with any seniors now.

According to everything we've heard, Holt will play for the Friars next year. Not transferring.

good. I hate that you have to ask that question(it's probably the #1 rule that I despise right now in college basketball)- but you have to ask.
stever20

Postby EMT » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:19 pm

billyjack wrote:

Holt will finish his college career at PC. It is 50/50at best as to whether he plays college ball though.
EMT

Postby EMT » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:23 pm

OmahaGuy wrote:Nice season Friars! Didn't get a win but a 5th straight tourney appearance ain't nothing to sneeze at! Now let's see who's in, out, and staying!

OUT
*Rodney Bullock
*Jalen Lindsey
*Kyron Cartwright

STAY
*Emmit Holt (Was supposed to be a senior but suffered a season-ending injury before the season even started)
*Isaiah Jackson
*Maliek White
*Drew Edwards
*Kalif Young
*Alpha Diallo
*Makai Ashton-Langford
*Nate Watson

IN
*Jimmy Nichols
*Kris Monroe
*AJ Reeves
*David Duke

THOUGHTS
Friars fans should feel pretty optimistic for next season. Very talented recruiting class is on their way in and some good players (at least from what I saw) will remain on board including Watson, MAL, Diallo, and a healthy Emmit Holt. They'll have a stacked backcourt to go with a couple good big guys in Watson and Holt. Plus Ed Cooley IMO remains the most underrated coach in America.

Dajour Dickens was a redshirt this year too.
EMT

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board