Providence Review

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Providence Review

Postby billyjack » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:06 pm

I'm looking forward to watching the Friars next season.

PG will have Ashton-Langford, Maliek White, and 4/5 star David Duke.
SG will be 4/5 star freshman AJ Reeves, plus White has a good stroke from deep.
SF Alpha Diallo, Isaiah Jackson.
Big men are Holt, Watson, Young, and Dajour Dickens.

Also getting two high ceiling freshmen, Jimmy Nichols and Kris Monroe, both are SF or PF's.
From deep, figure White, Holt, Jackson and Reeves will have that job.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby kayako » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:25 pm

That's a lot of players fighting for minutes, is this intentional?
supernova
kayako

Postby Friarsfan94 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:31 pm

Just because of the landscape of college basketball, I wouldn’t be shocked if someone transferred, but everyone mentioned has a role. I think you will see a lot of changing lineups with PC next year based on the matchup, something they haven’t been able to do in a very long time. Case and point, if a team was bigger than PC this year, PC wouldn’t go big to match them, they would try to go small to mis-match them. Next year, if a team is big, they can roll out Duke Reeves Diallo Watson Dickens. If a team is small they can roll out Makai Maliek Diallo Jackson Holt. And then they can roll out the hot hands for anything in between. I believe for the first time in a long time, there won’t be multiple players on PC racking up 38 MPG and 6/7 complete 40 minute games played per year. These last 2 years it was Lindsey and Bullock and Cartwright, before that Dunn and Bentil could not leave the floor if PC wanted to win, before that Cotton played 40 MPG.
Friarsfan94

Postby Friarsfan94 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:43 am

AND WE'RE BACK! On the annual episode of WTF in FRIARTOWN, Dajour Dickens, our redshirt top 150 7 footer, is apparently leaving the program. Dear Lord can Ed Cooley ONE TIME coach the team he recruited.
Friarsfan94

Postby billyjack » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:04 am

Friarsfan94 wrote:AND WE'RE BACK! On the annual episode of WTF in FRIARTOWN, Dajour Dickens, our redshirt top 150 7 footer, is apparently leaving the program. Dear Lord can Ed Cooley ONE TIME coach the team he recruited.

Really great that this is announced 2+ months after the season ended, almost into July.
Unbelievable news coming off a redshirt year.
Every f-ckin year.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:36 am

at least this feels like it's at a position of relative strength I'd guess?

With all these transfers that Providence has, should we be questioning Cooley somewhat with the unusually high number of transfers he's got leaving his program? I mean, I know transfers are high, but he seems to lose even more than the normal program.
stever20

Postby Friarsfan94 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:39 am

billyjack wrote:
Friarsfan94 wrote:AND WE'RE BACK! On the annual episode of WTF in FRIARTOWN, Dajour Dickens, our redshirt top 150 7 footer, is apparently leaving the program. Dear Lord can Ed Cooley ONE TIME coach the team he recruited.

Really great that this is announced 2+ months after the season ended, almost into July.
Every f-ckin year.

HE WAS LITERALLY COACHING THE YOUTH DAY CAMP 2 EFFING DAYS AGO!
Friarsfan94

Postby ProprietyofLeyluken » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:49 pm

Friarsfan94 wrote:
billyjack wrote:

Every f-ckin year.

HE WAS LITERALLY COACHING THE YOUTH DAY CAMP 2 EFFING DAYS AGO!

Sorry to see this happen. I can't fathom this transfer happening because he wants to go to ODU though. It'll be interesting to see what he does.
ProprietyofLeyluken

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:40 pm

Maybe he was pissed because he had to go to classes?
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby FriarJ » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:45 pm

Some speculation that with Holt back the staff wanted him to redshirt again because last years was classified as a medical redshirt. Who knows? He wasn't going to play big minutes so he left and that opens up a spot.
FriarJ

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board