Non-BIG EAST NCAA tournament game discussion

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Non-BIG EAST NCAA tournament game discussion

Postby Jet915 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:33 pm

OmahaGuy wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:
OmahaGuy wrote:When Creightones replacements make the Sweet 16 before we do. We can only wonder! For Creighton fans, this tournament has been Murphy’s Law. You bet all of the MVC fans are laughing their asses off at us.

...and you care about that?

Yes because maybe the MVC is better off without us after all. Being in the Big East has been great but I really don’t think our program deserved it. Butler and Xavier actually have tourney success and clearly deserved to be here. Should’ve put Loyola in over us. While it was long ago, they also have a national championship. They’re a flat out better program than us. Sorry!

Are u on crack? I'm happy for Loyola but I wouldn't want to be in their shoes compared to ours for one second!
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby OmahaGuy » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 pm

I refuse to accept choking loudly every March while they thrive when it matters most. Yes, I’d rather be them than us.
OmahaGuy

Postby stever20 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:21 pm

OmahaGuy wrote:I refuse to accept choking loudly every March while they thrive when it matters most. Yes, I’d rather be them than us.

lol, I thought I was the only one allowed to have moronic takes on here......

Creighton has had in the last 2 years some buzzards luck I think. 2 pretty brutal timing injuries. You get in the 8/9 game and it's literally I saw 68-68 right now.
stever20

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:15 pm

Well, to each their own. Surprising opinion, but everyone's entitled to one.

I like Loyola. Saw them last year at the Paradise Jam. Met the team. They're a good squad.
Fortunately the C7 Prez's saw things a bit differently. Glad to finally be in the Major Leagues, and now if we can work on our
coach and AD, so's I can get my championships and banners...

Most all of us are extremely disappointed in our Tourney showings. The fanbase deserves better from Creighton. A few of us are
disappointed in the annual swoons (injury or no injury) and expect better from Creighton. But, no matter the weather, good or bad,
they are my lot and I will stand with 'em. I am an alum and I live and die annually with Bluejay Basketball. Thought about giving up
a few years back, but there is a "forever" clause in my contract (without pay no less). The Jays are stuck with me for life.

Take a couple of days off. Take a vacation to San Andres Island (Caribbean). Work on some needlepoint. Bathe in your stock certificates.
a break will do you good. See you in a week or so. gtmo
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Jet915 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:20 pm

Wow, Houston misses 2 FTs and Michigan makes a prayer 3 for the win :o
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:24 pm

Jet915 wrote:Wow, Houston misses 2 FTs and Michigan makes a prayer 3 for the win :o

why the hell don't you guard the inbounder? Especially there where he can't run the baseline?
stever20

Postby anXUfan » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:34 pm

That was a crazy ending. Houston comes up short again.
anXUfan

Postby billyjack » Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:49 am

Rick Barnes, great guy, but has always had trouble winning close games, going back 30 years.
Providence
billyjack

Postby billyjack » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:11 am

I liked Houston this year. They looked legit in a win vs PC back in December.
Providence
billyjack

Postby billyjack » Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:33 am

stever20 wrote:
OmahaGuy wrote:I refuse to accept choking loudly every March while they thrive when it matters most. Yes, I’d rather be them than us.

lol, I thought I was the only one allowed to have moronic takes on here......

Creighton has had in the last 2 years some buzzards luck I think. 2 pretty brutal timing injuries. You get in the 8/9 game and it's literally I saw 68-68 right now.

Yeah, OmahaGuy is an awesome poster, but tonite he poured too much Guinness.

No way in a million years that the Big East would've invited or would ever invite Loyola Chicago, unless the ACC poaches DePaul.

Speaking of Loyola Chicago... prior to this year they had made 1 NCAA tourney in the last 50 years, and last made the tourney in 1985.

1. Can anyone name their 1985 leading scorer, a 3-time Horizon POY, who had a cool name?

2. After beating Iona and SMU, can anyone named the team they lost to in the Sweet Sixteen game?

3. Can anyone name the location of that loss?

10 points for each answer.
Providence
billyjack

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board