Non-BIG EAST NCAA tournament game discussion

The home for Big East hoops

Postby admin » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:17 am

I imagine we will end up with threads for all of the Big East games, but wanted to add a specific thread to discuss NCAA tourney games not involving our teams.

For starters, congrats to the Bonnies. Anytime a smallish private school can take out a blue blood, I am all for it.
admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Non-BIG EAST NCAA tournament game discussion

Postby Edrick » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:09 am

The real takeaway is how $hitty west coast basketball continues to be. Its been like this for quite a while now.

The Pac 12 is really not even a 'high' major at this point. If you look at the numbers, there's a huge gap after the Big Ten. The Pac 12 is becoming more comparable to the AAC than the elites.
Edrick

Postby Bill Marsh » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:08 am

How about them Bonnie’s? 8-)
Bill Marsh

Postby Xudash » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:11 am

Happy for the Bonnies.

And I was shocked at how bad UCLA was, and how poorly they were coached. It's as though they thought the name on their jerseys would help them to prevail in the end.

The Bonnies wanted it more and got the win.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:18 am

Way to represent the Big East...errr A10... Bonnies! ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby stever20 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:31 am

In some ways, shouldn't be a surprise. Right now, west coast teams are now only 3-6 in the at large play in game. What is strange about that is that west coast teams are 2-2 on Tuesday's PIG, but then only 1-4 on Wednesday night. You would have thought that would be a bit reversed- with the worse record on Tuesday.
stever20

Postby ArmyVet » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:21 pm

Congrats to the Bonnies.
ArmyVet

Postby kayako » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:40 pm

stever20 wrote:Right now, west coast teams are now only 3-6 in the at large play in game. What is strange about that is that west coast teams are 2-2 on Tuesday's PIG, but then only 1-4 on Wednesday night.

I get that it might be unfair to the west coast teams, but the sample size is way too small to try to make sense of this.
supernova
kayako

Postby stever20 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:09 pm

kayako wrote:
stever20 wrote:Right now, west coast teams are now only 3-6 in the at large play in game. What is strange about that is that west coast teams are 2-2 on Tuesday's PIG, but then only 1-4 on Wednesday night.

I get that it might be unfair to the west coast teams, but the sample size is way too small to try to make sense of this.

Yeah I get that it would be unfair to the west coast teams... But you would think the more unfair one would be on Tuesday given that it's only 50 hours from selection to game time. But the Wednesday one has been the one that's been the buzz saw for west coast teams.
stever20

Postby xman » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:33 pm

It must be really difficult to be a Marquette fan. You see these guys play and they have so much talent on the court, but then there are times that they play like absolute garbage. At least they won.
xman

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board