Non-BIG EAST NCAA tournament game discussion

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Non-BIG EAST NCAA tournament game discussion

Postby ecasadoSBU » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:02 am

Just enjoy the game. That's the unpredictable aspect of the NCAA that makes it so exciting.

Still glad that DePaul and every other program is a part of this league.
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby pki1998 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:45 am

MUBoxer wrote:
herodotus wrote:Loyola looking like they might make their first Final Four in 55 years. They're gonna own Chicago for a while.

Doubtful. They graduate 3 of their best players and the two others could grad transfer if they're in academic standing. Given the years of the roster I think Moser is setting Loyola up to be an every 3-4yr powerhouse rather than consistent success.

Just curious for our Xavier and Creighton fans, is there any resentment? I mean Loyola has made 6 NCAA appearances and is now getting their second final four.

No resentment, but a little envy! I always root for the Catholic Schools in the tournament. I remember going to the Cincinnati Gardens with my dad to watch X play Loyola back in the MCC days. Nothing but love for the Ramblers, and have been rooting for them the whole way.

Hoping for a Loyola Villanova final, if that happens it will be the first time I am sad about being in the Big East because I will have to root against them.
Xavier
pki1998

Postby kayako » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:11 pm

Kansas and Duke game in OT.
supernova
kayako

Postby Jet915 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:41 pm

Wasn't sure who to root for but I think Kansas is a better matchup for Nova?
Jet915

Postby kayako » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:43 pm

It's too funny to see Bagley turned into a garbage man because his guards are terrible. Kansas it is, bring them on.
supernova
kayako

Postby kayako » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:47 pm

Jet915 wrote:Wasn't sure who to root for but I think Kansas is a better matchup for Nova?

Tough call, they're both great teams. Graham torched us 2 years ago. The next game is probably the national championship.
supernova
kayako

Postby ecasadoSBU » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:49 pm

No ACC team...
No PAC12 team...
No SEC Team...

...in the Final Four. Life is good!
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby DudeAnon » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:59 pm

MUBoxer wrote:
herodotus wrote:Loyola looking like they might make their first Final Four in 55 years. They're gonna own Chicago for a while.

Doubtful. They graduate 3 of their best players and the two others could grad transfer if they're in academic standing. Given the years of the roster I think Moser is setting Loyola up to be an every 3-4yr powerhouse rather than consistent success.

Just curious for our Xavier and Creighton fans, is there any resentment? I mean Loyola has made 6 NCAA appearances and is now getting their second final four.

No resentment, Loyola-type runs are part of what makes March great. It is in my mind the best run I can remember since George Mason.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:12 pm

I attended the Duke – Kansas game today in Omaha and kept asking myself "I wonder who Villanova would rather play?".

Guess I'm officially a Big East nut.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Toronto Rapture » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:52 pm

kayako wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Wasn't sure who to root for but I think Kansas is a better matchup for Nova?

Tough call, they're both great teams. Graham torched us 2 years ago. The next game is probably the national championship.

Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing, I think a lot of people will. I think Michigan is good and Loyola is on a hell of a run, but you got to think the winner of Nova/Kansas will be the favourite.

As far as who is a better matchup for nova, I agree with one of the posts above that criticized Duke's guard play, but Bagley, Carter, and the overall size and length of Duke scare me. Kansas is a better rounded team, but I don't think they are as dynamic as Duke can be. Also, if Kansas turns the ball over as much as they did against Duke, nova will make them pay.
"...Bull doggin'...like them Georgetown Hoyas..." Big Boi from Outkast
Toronto Rapture

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board