Non-BIG EAST NCAA tournament game discussion

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Non-BIG EAST NCAA tournament game discussion

Postby herodotus » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:02 pm

Loyola looking like they might make their first Final Four in 55 years. They're gonna own Chicago for a while.
herodotus

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:45 pm

Creighton alum Porter Moser taking Jesuit school Loyola-Chicago to the Final Four. Too cool.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby bobpp1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:49 pm

Any chance we can swap Loyola-Chicago with DePaul?
bobpp1

Postby MUBoxer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:02 pm

herodotus wrote:Loyola looking like they might make their first Final Four in 55 years. They're gonna own Chicago for a while.

Doubtful. They graduate 3 of their best players and the two others could grad transfer if they're in academic standing. Given the years of the roster I think Moser is setting Loyola up to be an every 3-4yr powerhouse rather than consistent success.

Just curious for our Xavier and Creighton fans, is there any resentment? I mean Loyola has made 6 NCAA appearances and is now getting their second final four.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby ecasadoSBU » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:25 pm

Big win by Loyola! Impressive.
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:36 pm

MUBoxer wrote:
herodotus wrote:Loyola looking like they might make their first Final Four in 55 years. They're gonna own Chicago for a while.

Doubtful. They graduate 3 of their best players and the two others could grad transfer if they're in academic standing. Given the years of the roster I think Moser is setting Loyola up to be an every 3-4yr powerhouse rather than consistent success.

Just curious for our Xavier and Creighton fans, is there any resentment? I mean Loyola has made 6 NCAA appearances and is now getting their second final four.

Jealous as heck, but not resentful. I saw some photos of former Creighton players with Porter this weekend. They are happy for him and I am too.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby NJRedman » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:55 pm

bobpp1 wrote:Any chance we can swap Loyola-Chicago with DePaul?

Just poach the coach! But DePaul isn't that smart.
NJRedman

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Nope. Happy 4 the Ramblers.

Still pissed at my Jays. We were favored- win the games you are supposed to win (K-St) and steal a few you're not supposed to win. Tired of cheerleading for others, past time for CU to show up & win a few in the dance.

yeah, yeah, the 8 v9 is a toss up game, I know. No one had a clue that UMBC was going to make history either. But win the game in front of you. No excuses for not winning vs K St. hrumpf...
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby MUBoxer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:29 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
MUBoxer wrote:

Jealous as heck, but not resentful. I saw some photos of former Creighton players with Porter this weekend. They are happy for him and I am too.

Interesting. I mean I'm genuinely upset about it but maybe it's just because I live in Chicago and a month ago no Loyola affiliated individuals knew they had a basketball team
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby herodotus » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:48 pm

MUBoxer wrote:

What's strange about Loyola, is that both times they reached the Final Four, they rose quickly from nowhere. Only 5 NCAAs before this year, and that's not a misleading number like say, a Dayton, or Duquesne, who regularly turned down NCAA bids in the 40s and 50s to go to the NIT. They went to the NIT in 62, won the NCAA in 63, made a couple more NCAAs, and then vanished until the mid 80s.
herodotus

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board