Thoughts on your draw?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Thoughts on your draw?

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:08 pm

Buzz has hair nowadays? Nice. :roll:
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby kmacker69 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:34 pm

Butler: Hard to complain about getting a 10 when you've lost 13 games, but it was a bump down to 10 from 9 since they under seeded SH it forced us up. :o I think we have a good chance against Arkansas, but they can be really good when they play well and very mediocre when they don't. (Unfortunately that sounds very familiar. :oops: ) Who forces their pace and hits shot will take the game. I could see us lose or win close or win by 20...
Purdue was a bad joke on us by the committee. 2 7+ foot centers that are mobile and guards that can feed them is a bad matchup for us!
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:13 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Buzz has hair nowadays? Nice. :roll:

Yeah I miss the old days. Thought the old look was much better.

Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:30 pm

I am a Nova fan so I expect to either lose in the R32 or make the FF.

VTech has beaten two 2 seeds (Duke and UNC) and @ the overall 1 seed (UVA). So they have the ability to beat top teams. With that in mind I am sufficiently puckered for Saturday's game should both advance. Think I'd rather see 'Bama. After that I really like the matchup against either WVU (not going to turn Brunson over) or Wich St. (Bridges on Shammet should do it). Purdue, Butler or Tech Tech in E8? Prob would rather see the other two, rather than Butler. Too much familiarity there.

Selfishly I am hoping for either a Nova - X final or Nova - UVA. I think both games would be a lot of fun.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Xudash » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:34 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:Buzz has hair nowadays? Nice. :roll:

Yeah I miss the old days. Thought the old look was much better.

He was hilarious. The "episode" where he barked at his uppity clam soup was priceless.

I'm hopeful that X can deliver another S16. We all know it's a crap shoot after that. If they play with solid karma - if they're hitting their shots and spread it around- then San Antonio is possible.

Good luck everyone.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby MUBoxer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:36 pm

H.U.S.T.L.E. wrote:
novahoops11 wrote:Image

kayako wrote:Nova - The East region is easier than the BET path

Not if Buzz Williams and my Hokies have anything to say about it...

You mean the slimy scumbag who bled one of the most historically successful programs completely dry leaving them in complete ruins? Yeah I hope y'all get beat down in record setting fashion
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby H.U.S.T.L.E. » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:57 pm

MUBoxer wrote:You mean the slimy scumbag who bled one of the most historically successful programs completely dry leaving them in complete ruins? Yeah I hope y'all get beat down in record setting fashion

Interesting. I know that Buzz leaving Marquette was unexpected by many, but my reading after the fact made it seem like Marquette fans weren’t too sorry to see him go after a sub-par season and personality conflicts with the former AD.

And isn’t it a little hyperbolic to say he left the program in complete ruins? Wojo seems to be doing ok there, and he’s only had one losing season. Seems like one down year after a string of success is only a blip on the radar for a great program like Marquette.
H.U.S.T.L.E.

Postby Bill Marsh » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:08 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Hall2012. Just get your gear and tickets for Omaha. The hall should beat KU, even in Wichita. KU sucks and have deficiencies up front...gimpy and weak bigs.
My mouse picked an all BE final Four (CBS, Bluejay Banter group) The Hall is gonna shine.

FF - Creighton, X, Nova, The Hall It's like that damn mouse was a Ouija board or had a mind of its' own.

I like the Jays draw. K State, then UVA. K St is like a warmup for Virginia. I think the Jays guards prevail over both.

And KU also has some injury issues. ;)
Bill Marsh

Postby MUBoxer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:24 pm

H.U.S.T.L.E. wrote:
MUBoxer wrote:You mean the slimy scumbag who bled one of the most historically successful programs completely dry leaving them in complete ruins? Yeah I hope y'all get beat down in record setting fashion

Interesting. I know that Buzz leaving Marquette was unexpected by many, but my reading after the fact made it seem like Marquette fans weren’t too sorry to see him go after a sub-par season and personality conflicts with the former AD.

And isn’t it a little hyperbolic to say he left the program in complete ruins? Wojo seems to be doing ok there, and he’s only had one losing season. Seems like one down year after a string of success is only a blip on the radar for a great program like Marquette.

Trashed Marquette and the conference in the media after he left, took his recruiting class with him, left us a recruit who was a complete head case heroin addict (Nick Noskowiak), forced the AD prior to accept recruits that shouldn't have been accepted which hurt our APR score (Todd Mayo, Jae Crowder), he aided in the cover up of two sexual assaults, let his buddies get away with recruiting violations (Scott monarch, the booster that took Juan Anderson to the baseball game), tried to recruit a repeated criminal to campus (malek Harris, Monterale Clark) and ran a program where his players were constantly getting into very public fights (vander blue, the entire 2012-13 team)

He may be very homey and folksy but he is a scumbag and has no loyalty whatsoever.
Last edited by MUBoxer on Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:59 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:I am a Nova fan so I expect to either lose in the R32 or make the FF.

VTech has beaten two 2 seeds (Duke and UNC) and @ the overall 1 seed (UVA). So they have the ability to beat top teams. With that in mind I am sufficiently puckered for Saturday's game should both advance. Think I'd rather see 'Bama. After that I really like the matchup against either WVU (not going to turn Brunson over) or Wich St. (Bridges on Shammet should do it). Purdue, Butler or Tech Tech in E8? Prob would rather see the other two, rather than Butler. Too much familiarity there.

Selfishly I am hoping for either a Nova - X final or Nova - UVA. I think both games would be a lot of fun.

You'll have to settle for X or Arizona...Virginia's gonna be watching on tv from Charlottesville. ;)
Have a great Dance Nova, X, and all of our BE brothers. 2 of my brackets have an all BE Final Four, Jays n Nova in the finals.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board