NCAA Selection Sunday discussion

The home for Big East hoops

Re: NCAA Selection Sunday discussion

Postby FriarJ » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:32 pm

in actuality all 4 schools werean 8 or a 9 Butler got moved from an 8-10 and PC from a 9-10 because we had 2 #1 seeds who we cant play in the 1st two rounds. Im fine with all that. It's where and who we have to play if they are fortunate enough to win. If PC gets by A&M they will face UNC for the 3rd year out of the last 5 in North Carolina where they are something like 40-1 in the NCAA's. How on earth is that fair?
FriarJ

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Nildogg » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:14 pm

alduflux wrote:
Nildogg wrote:Not saying I'm disagreeing with Butler's 10 seed, but I do think it's interesting to look at Pomeroy and see that Butler is the most underseeded team according to the Pomeroy rankings. Actually, Butler, Creighton and SHall would all be considered under seeded based on their pomeroy rankings.

At the same time, Xavier is overseeded according to Pomeroy.

I won a lot of money in NCAA pools this season thanks to Pomeroy, I tend to think he has a better grip on things than the RPI, BPI and other predictive rankings, etc.

I think St Mary's is the most underseeded according to Pomeroy.

I would agree that they got the real shaft. I should have said, of those making the field.
Nildogg

Postby Nildogg » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:19 pm

BEXU wrote:Interesting, since X beat all those teams twice. Guess you didn't bet the Pomeroy on those games.

WTF does that have to do with anything...stop being a douche bag. I'm saying, based on Pomeroy's numbers, Xavier was the most overseeded. I won money using their rankings as guidance on over 300 games this season. More times than not (not always) it worked out.

Its final 4 or bust this year, right? Can't wait to see an early exit in your banner year so all of your fans can go ape shit over what could have been.
Nildogg

Postby XUFan09 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:40 pm

Nildogg wrote:
BEXU wrote:Interesting, since X beat all those teams twice. Guess you didn't bet the Pomeroy on those games.

...stop being a douche bag.

Can't wait to see an early exit in your banner year so all of your fans can go ape shit over what could have been.

Maybe you should take your own advice.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby thebigeXpress » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:43 pm

Good luck to all the teams from the BE. I wish you all success. Let's pull for each other until the end of our non conference schedule in December. 8-)
thebigeXpress

Postby stever20 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:44 pm

Nildogg wrote:
alduflux wrote:
Nildogg wrote:Not saying I'm disagreeing with Butler's 10 seed, but I do think it's interesting to look at Pomeroy and see that Butler is the most underseeded team according to the Pomeroy rankings. Actually, Butler, Creighton and SHall would all be considered under seeded based on their pomeroy rankings.

At the same time, Xavier is overseeded according to Pomeroy.

I won a lot of money in NCAA pools this season thanks to Pomeroy, I tend to think he has a better grip on things than the RPI, BPI and other predictive rankings, etc.

I think St Mary's is the most underseeded according to Pomeroy.

I would agree that they got the real shaft. I should have said, of those making the field.

You schedule like crap OOC, you deserve what you get. Sorry but they've been reported tonight having turned down some good series- including vs Creighton along with a home and home with Rhode Island. If they take those 2 games- and just split- they're probably in the tourney right now.
stever20

Postby JohnW22 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:50 pm

Nildogg wrote:

WTF does that have to do with anything...stop being a douche bag. I'm saying, based on Pomeroy's numbers, Xavier was the most overseeded. I won money using their rankings as guidance on over 300 games this season. More times than not (not always) it worked out.

Its final 4 or bust this year, right? Can't wait to see an early exit in your banner year so all of your fans can go ape shit over what could have been.

I don’t know who called this season final 4 or bust but whoever did is stupid. This season wouldn’t be anywhere close to a bust if we miss than Final 4
XU
JohnW22

Postby BEXU » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:14 am

Hall2012 wrote:

He never said any of them had better Kempom ratings than X or should be seeded higher than X, so that's totally irrelevant.

X was 20-11 against the spread, should've just bet that.
BEXU

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:13 am

A successful tournament would include.

3 Sweet 16 teams
1 Final Four team

Anything less is another underwhelming BE March.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby stever20 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:16 am

DudeAnon wrote:A successful tournament would include.

3 Sweet 16 teams
1 Final Four team

Anything less is another underwhelming BE March.

I don't agree with you. I think getting 2 elite 8's and 1 Final 4 would be success. You can't realistically expect anything from the other 4, given the hands they were drawn.

I think the big games will be sweet 16's for Nova and Xavier. Nova vs either Wichita or West Virginia, and Xavier potentially vs Gonzaga.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board