Kevin Ollie is gone

The home for Big East hoops

Kevin Ollie is gone

Postby Bill Marsh » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:32 am

UConn has fired Kevin Ollie for cause, meaning that they won't have to pay out the contractually required remainder of his contract. They didn't waste any time, and they have initiated the disciplinary procedures necessary to fire with just cause.
Bill Marsh

Kevin Ollie is gone

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Kevin Ollie is gone

Postby ecasadoSBU » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:58 am

Wow. It must be tough to break with one of your own... and to do it that way (using just cause) must be even more difficult.
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby EMT » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:16 am

ecasadoSBU wrote:Wow. It must be tough to break with one of your own... and to do it that way (using just cause) must be even more difficult.

I think he lost whatever goodwill he had.
EMT

Postby MUPanther » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:22 am

I was watching the 4 letter network. They said it would be wise to go back to their roots and get into the Big East.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby gosports1 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:38 am

someone on here called this a few weeks ok when news of the "scandal" broke. I don't remember their name though
gosports1

Postby billyjack » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:12 pm

gosports1 wrote:someone on here called this a few weeks ok when news of the "scandal" broke. I don't remember their name though

Probably that gosports1 guy
Providence
billyjack

Postby ivet » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:19 pm

So the question is...does the big east consider even toying with the idea of taking them in? What if there are some sanctions in place like scholarships or tourney eligibility for a year or two? Also, is that coaching position even highly coveted like it once was? I say no. They made their bed now they need to lay in it. They also got to enjoy those millions the past few years after the Big East divorce settlement.
ivet

Postby EMT » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:21 pm

ivet wrote:So the question is...does the big east consider even toying with the idea of taking them in? What if there are some sanctions in place like scholarships or tourney eligibility for a year or two? Also, is that coaching position even highly coveted like it once was? I say no. They made their bed now they need to lay in it. They also got to enjoy those millions the past few years after the Big East divorce settlement.

no
EMT

Postby DeltaV » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:55 pm

ivet wrote:So the question is...does the big east consider even toying with the idea of taking them in? What if there are some sanctions in place like scholarships or tourney eligibility for a year or two? Also, is that coaching position even highly coveted like it once was? I say no. They made their bed now they need to lay in it. They also got to enjoy those millions the past few years after the Big East divorce settlement.

Not until something changes. Football stops pretending they're relevant, we get otherwise forced to go to a 20 game conference season, or Dayton fans stop being, well, themselves.

I don't have time to look, but who does the boneyard think they'll get as a coach? Are they deluding themselves in any amusing way?
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Postby Jet915 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:09 pm

DeltaV wrote:

Not until something changes. Football stops pretending they're relevant, we get otherwise forced to go to a 20 game conference season, or Dayton fans stop being, well, themselves.

I don't have time to look, but who does the boneyard think they'll get as a coach? Are they deluding themselves in any amusing way?

Most of them think Hurley from URI is a foregone conclusion.
Jet915

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board