Big East Semi-Finals 3/9/18

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East Semi-Finals 3/9/18

Postby Bill Marsh » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:51 am

gosports1 wrote:PC came to play last night.{/quote}

PC comes to play every night. :D

lets hope that team sticks around.

As long as they're healthy, it will be the same team tonight, next week, and beyond.

Lunardi still has PC as a 10 seed (at least its not an 11 playin) behind St bonaventure among others. I realize UMass and DePaul were bad losses but 3 top 5 wins all against the projected #1 seeds doesn't make up for that?. Maybe 10 is good, I don't like the 8/9 seed either considering with a win number 1 is waiting. we shall see how it pans out

Ignore Lunardi. He doesn't know anything you and I don't know.
Bill Marsh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby muskeagle » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:28 pm

VERY disappointed X lost last night. That was a tough game to watch as the lead just slipped away. Cartwright was fantastic down the stretch. Watson, too--he's looks to be very good in the years to come. I doubted the hire of Chris Mack when it was made (I had met a few times when we were together at X and didn't like what I saw), but I'm a believer and I hope he stays for a long time. If we ever lose him though, I'd love to have Cooley as our coach. He seems pretty awesome. Love the way he deals with those kids. Moreover, I couldn't have been more impressed with Cartwright in the interview after the game. I've heard guys deflect praise before, but to give all the credit to a couple of freshmen as smoothly as he did....pretty special. Seems like a good, tough kid. Good luck tonight against Nova (even though they're my other alma mater).
muskeagle

Postby American X » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:21 pm

I just finished banging my head against a post. Congratulations, Friars. Go win a couple next week.
American X

Postby DeePhence » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:52 pm

muskeagle wrote:VERY disappointed X lost last night. That was a tough game to watch as the lead just slipped away. Cartwright was fantastic down the stretch. Watson, too--he's looks to be very good in the years to come. I doubted the hire of Chris Mack when it was made (I had met a few times when we were together at X and didn't like what I saw), but I'm a believer and I hope he stays for a long time. If we ever lose him though, I'd love to have Cooley as our coach. He seems pretty awesome. Love the way he deals with those kids. Moreover, I couldn't have been more impressed with Cartwright in the interview after the game. I've heard guys deflect praise before, but to give all the credit to a couple of freshmen as smoothly as he did....pretty special. Seems like a good, tough kid. Good luck tonight against Nova (even though they're my other alma mater).

Thank you Muskie.

I think Chris Mack is a phenomenal coach. They way he handled the misfortunes of last year and got it working again in time for a great march run was testament to his abilities. He's intense sure, and probably not all touchy feely like Ed is, but I think he is one of the most underrated coaches in America and as good a coach as XU has had - and after Gillen, Prosser and Miller, that's saying a lot.

Cartwright Is tough and determined, but very mature. PC is a small liberal arts school, and he got there and didn't like the majors on offer so he created his own - Sports Media. Bullock is supposedly a great student. If you ever hear Jalen Lindsey speak, he sounds like a 35 year old man - maybe a lawyer or something.

I think in general all the kids in the league are really likeable young men. Brunson is graduating from Villanova in three years. I just love our league.

After the absolute despair of the Keno Davis era, I still can't believe Ed Cooley is our coach. And no - you can't have him. He's ours.

Let's go Friars! Cooley for Prez!
DeePhence

Postby Bill Marsh » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:33 pm

Mack’s name has been associated with the Louisville vacancy and Cooley’s with UConn’s. I can’t see either of them leaving their current gigs and think it would be a big mistake if either of them did. Great coaches who seem to be coaching a the school’s they were born to coach.
Bill Marsh

Postby EMT » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:49 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:Mack’s name has been associated with the Louisville vacancy and Cooley’s with UConn’s. I can’t see either of them leaving their current gigs and think it would be a big mistake if either of them did. Great coaches who seem to be coaching a the school’s they were born to coach.

Cooley ain't going anywhere.
EMT

Postby Bill Marsh » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:53 pm

EMT wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:Mack’s name has been associated with the Louisville vacancy and Cooley’s with UConn’s. I can’t see either of them leaving their current gigs and think it would be a big mistake if either of them did. Great coaches who seem to be coaching a the school’s they were born to coach.

Cooley ain't going anywhere.

Agree. 8-)
Bill Marsh

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board