*Jessie Govan
*Marcus Derrickson
*Kaleb Johnson
*Jagan Mosely
*Jahvon Blair
*Antwan Walker
*Jamarko Pickett

IN
*Greg Malinowski (Transfer from William and Mary)
*Mac McClung
*Grayson Carter
*Josh LeBlanc

THOUGHTS
Nice season for Georgetown. They're a team on the rise especially with Blair, Walker, and Pickett as freshmen. Thought Ewing did a solid coaching job with what he had. I also think Derrickson and Govan will continue to develop as the studs they are. I also like this recruiting class that the Hoyas have. Future's bright in Washington.
OmahaGuy

Georgetown Review

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Georgetown Review

Postby BEhomer » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:20 am

add 7'3" redshirt freshman Sodom to the mix and their length and depth will be ridiculous upfront next year.
BEhomer

Postby Burrito » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:48 am

Sodom was dismissed from the team a couple of months ago.

Govan and Derrickson showed significant improvement this year. And Ewing found some solid freshmen in Picket and Blair. Although they seemed to hit a wall a couple of weeks ago.
Burrito

Postby Irishdawg » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:21 am

Burrito wrote:Sodom was dismissed from the team a couple of months ago.

Govan and Derrickson showed significant improvement this year. And Ewing found some solid freshmen in Picket and Blair. Although they seemed to hit a wall a couple of weeks ago.

I think I had saw some rumors awhile back about Govan possibly leaving early. Any credence to that? If not, Georgetown should be a much improved squad considering everyone they have coming back and seemingly every other Big East team (except St. John's possibly) losing valuable pieces.
Irishdawg

Postby Devil's Advocate » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:49 pm

Irishdawg wrote:
Burrito wrote:Sodom was dismissed from the team a couple of months ago.

I think I had saw some rumors awhile back about Govan possibly leaving early. Any credence to that? If not, Georgetown should be a much improved squad considering everyone they have coming back and seemingly every other Big East team (except St. John's possibly) losing valuable pieces.

It's a long offseason, but not as of now. There was a note the other night (Twitter) that said he and Derrickson would be back next year.

One name omitted from the list above is Trey Mourning. He was a medical RS this year and expected back for his Sr season. To the degree one might feel that Ewing was getting more out of the big guys, theoretically a year off for Mourning might be a welcome depth addition.
Devil's Advocate

Postby CPJays » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:40 am

Derrickson hiring an agent and headed for the draft.

Tough loss for the Hoyas.
CPJays

Postby Jet915 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:15 pm

Ouch l, maybe Hoyas will stay bottom half of Big East. Is he even on any draft projections?
Jet915

Postby hoyahooligan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:52 pm

No He isn't on any projections.

hoping he pulls a DSR and despite putting out a statement that he's hiring an agent actually doesn't and comes back. Doesn't have the athleticism to play in the NBA.

That being said would lend credence to the rumors that Omer Yurtsteven is transferring to Georgetown if he doesn't go pro.

Huge hit, but if we can land akinjo to run the point, I think we could still be better next year even if Derrickson doesn't return.
hoyahooligan

Postby Jet915 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:29 pm

If Hoyas can get Akinjo and Yursteven, then it will be a net positive.
Jet915

Postby kayako » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:18 pm

Jet915 wrote:If Hoyas can get Akinjo and Yursteven, then it will be a net positive.

I figured Yurtseven would be replacing Govan after sitting out a year.
supernova
kayako

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board