Probably an AAC friend of Stevers
CREIGHTON
jfan

Re: Georgetown Review

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Friarsfan94 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:00 pm

hoopseinstein23 wrote:Any Chance Georgetown moves down to Division 2 to allow them to compete? They are poorly coached and really just a doormat for the rest of the real Big East

Yea sure, UCONN first though.
Friarsfan94

Postby hoopseinstein23 » Thu May 24, 2018 1:26 pm

Yep, Georgetown was indeed awesome this past year. Hopefully you guys can repeat that epic performance. And as for Ewing, he may still be out. Dont be mad, I did not make Georetown suck, its not my fault
hoopseinstein23

Postby Devil's Advocate » Thu May 24, 2018 10:43 pm

Jessie Govan confirmed tonight that he'll be returning to Georgetown to play his Senior season. Excited to see what more coach Ewing can get out of him.
Devil's Advocate

Postby Jet915 » Wed May 30, 2018 10:20 am

Georgetown headlines the Jamaican Classic (Montego Bay, Jamaica) from Dec. 16-18. Patrick Ewing going back home to Jamaica. Very, very cool. Other teams in field include South Florida, Ohio, Loyola Marymount, Central Connecticut, Campbell, Austin Peay and FAMU, per source.

Updated #Georgetown Non-Con Slate
Nov. 13: @ Illinois
Dec. 16-18: vs. 2 of Loyola Marymount/Ohio/USF (Jamaican Classic)
Date TBD: RICHMOND
Date TBD: @ Syracuse
Dates TBD: 2 of AUSTIN PEAY/CAMPBELL/CENTRAL CONNECTICUT/FLORIDA A&M (Jamaican Classic)

Sorry, this schedule is dog poop...
Jet915

Postby hoopseinstein23 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:26 pm

2018-2019 Prediction: yes exactly what you were hoping for as I was spot on last year. This year....more of the same. Georgetown will be a doormat that gets beatdowns on a regular basis. Not sure I can remember a more storied program that has been reduced to a silly intramural basketball program with scholarships. A coach that was serially abused by better centers ( i.e. Akeem ) during his playing days and now out-coached by division 2 teams. Sad and tragic to see this but for Georgetown fans this like a re-occurring horror movie they are starring in.
hoopseinstein23

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:34 pm

hoopseinstein23 wrote:2018-2019 Prediction: yes exactly what you were hoping for as I was spot on last year. This year....more of the same. Georgetown will be a doormat that gets beatdowns on a regular basis. Not sure I can remember a more storied program that has been reduced to a silly intramural basketball program with scholarships. A coach that was serially abused by better centers ( i.e. Akeem ) during his playing days and now out-coached by division 2 teams. Sad and tragic to see this but for Georgetown fans this like a re-occurring horror movie they are starring in.

Clown box.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby stever20 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:06 am

Jet915 wrote:Georgetown headlines the Jamaican Classic (Montego Bay, Jamaica) from Dec. 16-18. Patrick Ewing going back home to Jamaica. Very, very cool. Other teams in field include South Florida, Ohio, Loyola Marymount, Central Connecticut, Campbell, Austin Peay and FAMU, per source.

Updated #Georgetown Non-Con Slate
Nov. 13: @ Illinois
Dec. 16-18: vs. 2 of Loyola Marymount/Ohio/USF (Jamaican Classic)
Date TBD: RICHMOND
Date TBD: @ Syracuse
Dates TBD: 2 of AUSTIN PEAY/CAMPBELL/CENTRAL CONNECTICUT/FLORIDA A&M (Jamaican Classic)

Sorry, this schedule is dog poop...

You can add to that a home game with SMU in DC in December. 1st game of a home and home. should be a pretty good opponent. If they can get even 1 more good OOC opponent, it wouldn't be a bad schedule at all. not a top 100, but in the 200 range.
stever20

Postby NJRedman » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:17 pm

I'm looking into my crystal ball to see how Georgetowns season will go this year. Okay i'm getting something...it's starting to come into focus...I see...I see...

NJRedman

Postby DeadHeadHoya » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:15 pm

Thats pretty funny coming from a St. Johns fan. You guys haven't been relevant in about 20 years. Hoyas have fallen on hard times but still waaaaay more relevant than your sorry ass team. st. johns sucks
DeadHeadHoya

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board