Georgetown Review

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Georgetown Review

Postby Jet915 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:43 pm

kayako wrote:
Jet915 wrote:If Hoyas can get Akinjo and Yursteven, then it will be a net positive.

I figured Yurtseven would be replacing Govan after sitting out a year.

He would be a grad transfer right?
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby hoyahooligan » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:13 pm

Jet915 wrote:
kayako wrote:
Jet915 wrote:If Hoyas can get Akinjo and Yursteven, then it will be a net positive.

I figured Yurtseven would be replacing Govan after sitting out a year.

He would be a grad transfer right?

He's not a grad transfer, but there's going to be a proposal in June to let player with good grades transfer and be eligible immediately. They're just tweaking the details on how high the player's GPA has to be to qualify. It'll be somewhere between 3.0 and 3.3. If a player meets that mark they can transfer once with out sitting out. Would allow Yurtseven to play right away allegedly.
hoyahooligan

Postby kayako » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:58 am

hoyahooligan wrote:He's not a grad transfer, but there's going to be a proposal in June to let player with good grades transfer and be eligible immediately. They're just tweaking the details on how high the player's GPA has to be to qualify. It'll be somewhere between 3.0 and 3.3. If a player meets that mark they can transfer once with out sitting out. Would allow Yurtseven to play right away allegedly.

I had no idea about this, thanks for the explanation. Not sure if I can imagine Govan and Yurtseven on the floor at the same time. It seems like there's surplus of centers in this league & shortage of point guards. It used to be the other way around.
supernova
kayako

Postby Jet915 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:52 pm

Corey Evans

@coreyevans_10
Follow Follow @coreyevans_10
More
Rivals150 senior James Akinjo will no longer visit Arizona this weekend, per source. Akinjo took an official visit to Georgetown last weekend .

Sounds like the Hoyas might get a PG.
Jet915

Postby hoyahooligan » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:33 am

Jet915 wrote:Corey Evans

@coreyevans_10
More
Rivals150 senior James Akinjo will no longer visit Arizona this weekend, per source. Akinjo took an official visit to Georgetown last weekend .

Good chance he announces for us today. All signs are pointing towards us. Would be a huge pick up.
Trying not to count my chicken's before they're hatched, but there's so much smoke right now I can hardly breathe.
hoyahooligan

Postby DudeAnon » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:01 am

hoyahooligan wrote:
Jet915 wrote:Corey Evans

@coreyevans_10
More

Good chance he announces for us today. All signs are pointing towards us. Would be a huge pick up.
Trying not to count my chicken's before they're hatched, but there's so much smoke right now I can hardly breathe.

This would be huge, Georgetown needs a PG in a bad way.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby stever20 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:49 am

hoyahooligan wrote:

He's not a grad transfer, but there's going to be a proposal in June to let player with good grades transfer and be eligible immediately. They're just tweaking the details on how high the player's GPA has to be to qualify. It'll be somewhere between 3.0 and 3.3. If a player meets that mark they can transfer once with out sitting out. Would allow Yurtseven to play right away allegedly.

even if that goes thru, it won't be for next year. And there's a big if on if it goes thru. I'd say it's 50/50 at the very best that it goes thru.
stever20

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:25 am

stever20 wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:

even if that goes thru, it won't be for next year. And there's a big if on if it goes thru. I'd say it's 50/50 at the very best that it goes thru.

That's a pretty negative view for a Georgetown fan such as yourself.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby stever20 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:41 am

I just see everyone thinking it's an automatic going to happen. It's such a sea change, I don't see it happening rapidly at all. I think there's going to be a tremendous push back for immediate transfers.

I think far more likely is what will be immediate transfers is what Big 12 proposed, where if coach leaves those players are granted immediate transfers. But otherwise, nope.
stever20

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:44 am

Stever, who said anything about it being "automatic"?
GoldenWarrior11

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board