Georgetown Review

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Georgetown Review

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:40 am

Hopefully a turned corner for the Hoyas. Too proud of a program to be a bottom dweller. I like what I've seen from Mr. Ewing. Congrats.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Red Rooster » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:13 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:Good get Georgetown. Any chance this causes McClung to decommit? He is the 43rd ranked PG vs Akinjo who is the 17th ranked PG.

https://247sports.com/Player/Mac-McClung-46042444

https://247sports.com/Player/James-Akinjo-93836

Nah they can play together. I expect them both to make up the starting back court.

I think starting line up looks like:

Akinjo, Mcclung, Pickett, Govan. PF is TBD: Could be derrickson if he pulls a DSR and comes back despite saying he was going to hire an agent(still no official word of that happening) or could be LeBalnc, or Walker, or maybe Yurt if the new rule gets in place in time. Or we could go small and start a third guard either Mosely or Blair and move pcikett to PF. Could be Mourning or Johnson too, plenty of options at PF.

Here's my take: McClung and Akinjo can play together, as McClung is more a combo guard than anything. So, there won't be a problem with them sharing the backcourt together.

If the NCAA doesn't pass the new rule (frankly, I don't think the rule will be passed, as it'll open up Pandora's box), then I don't think Yurtseven ever plays for Georgetown. Personally, I think his commitment hinges on that particular rule being passed. He was already contemplating going pro (NBA or overseas), so this will be a one-year showcase (whether, he plays or not), IMO.

I believe Govan has more of a chance to be drafted than Derrickson in the upcoming NBA draft. I also believe if Derrickson actually does hire an agent and move on, then Govan will join him. I could very well be wrong here, but just a vibe I'm sensing.

Lastly, I think Georgetown is on to something with today's signings of both Akinjo and Yurtseven, but so much also hinges on what Derrickson and Govan does, along with the NCAA GPA ruling. The best and worst case scenario's are clearly on totally, two different ends of the spectrum when it comes to the Hoyas' '18-'19 season.
Red Rooster

Postby Toronto Rapture » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:15 pm

Red Rooster wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:Good get Georgetown. Any chance this causes McClung to decommit? He is the 43rd ranked PG vs Akinjo who is the 17th ranked PG.

https://247sports.com/Player/Mac-McClung-46042444

https://247sports.com/Player/James-Akinjo-93836

Nah they can play together. I expect them both to make up the starting back court.

I think starting line up looks like:

Akinjo, Mcclung, Pickett, Govan. PF is TBD: Could be derrickson if he pulls a DSR and comes back despite saying he was going to hire an agent(still no official word of that happening) or could be LeBalnc, or Walker, or maybe Yurt if the new rule gets in place in time. Or we could go small and start a third guard either Mosely or Blair and move pcikett to PF. Could be Mourning or Johnson too, plenty of options at PF.

Here's my take: McClung and Akinjo can play together, as McClung is more a combo guard than anything. So, there won't be a problem with them sharing the backcourt together.

If the NCAA doesn't pass the new rule (frankly, I don't think the rule will be passed, as it'll open up Pandora's box), then I don't think Yurtseven ever plays for Georgetown. Personally, I think his commitment hinges on that particular rule being passed. He was already contemplating going pro (NBA or overseas), so this will be a one-year showcase (whether, he plays or not), IMO.

I believe Govan has more of a chance to be drafted than Derrickson in the upcoming NBA draft. I also believe if Derrickson actually does hire an agent and move on, then Govan will join him. I could very well be wrong here, but just a vibe I'm sensing.

Lastly, I think Georgetown is on to something with today's signings of both Akinjo and Yurtseven, but so much also hinges on what Derrickson and Govan does, along with the NCAA GPA ruling. The best and worst case scenario's are clearly on totally, two different ends of the spectrum when it comes to the Hoyas' '18-'19 season.

Thats a pretty balanced look at possible outcomes, but today, I will just be happy and hope for the best. This has been a good day. :)
"...Bull doggin'...like them Georgetown Hoyas..." Big Boi from Outkast
Toronto Rapture

Postby Red Rooster » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:20 pm

Toronto Rapture wrote:
Red Rooster wrote: Here's my take: McClung and Akinjo can play together, as McClung is more a combo guard than anything. So, there won't be a problem with them sharing the backcourt together.

but today, I will just be happy and hope for the best. This has been a good day. :)

Haha! Understandable. As, well as you should (be happy).
Red Rooster

Postby adoraz » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Amazing recruiting job by Georgetown! Definitely want to see them do well. St. John's last two BET wins would've been a lot more fun if both teams weren't 8/9 seeds.

Patrick certainly seems like the correct hire.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby hoyahooligan » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:45 pm

https://youtu.be/ZpXQbS6pce8?t=667

Here's some practice footage of Mac McClung going toe to toe with Jahvon Quinerly in the practice before the Allen Iverson All star game.
hoyahooligan

Postby stever20 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:53 am

1 thing interesting in today's NCAA Commission report by Condoleeza Rice- they recommeded keeping the sit out a year rule in place totally for transfers. You would think that would pretty much end any chances of immediate transfers being allowed.
stever20

Postby hoopseinstein23 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:06 am

Any Chance Georgetown moves down to Division 2 to allow them to compete? They are poorly coached and really just a doormat for the rest of the real Big East
hoopseinstein23

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:09 am

hoopseinstein23 wrote:Any Chance Georgetown moves down to Division 2 to allow them to compete? They are poorly coached and really just a doormat for the rest of the real Big East

What happened to your prediction that Georgetown would only win four games this past year? What happened to your guarantee that Ewing would be out after only one season? If you're going to troll, at least don't back yourself into a corner with definitive statements that make you look like an idiot later on...
GoldenWarrior11

Postby RxJay » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:20 pm

Oh, he looked like an idiot way before this post. I think he has the idiot category locked up.
Creighton 70
RxJay

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board