DePaul Review

The home for Big East hoops

Re: DePaul Review

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:35 am

That full page ad in the paper a few weeks ago apparently did nothing. Neither did the story in the DePaulia about JLP's family connection to the naming at Wintrust. Neither did her comments about preaching patience and that DePaul isn't aiming to be the Junior NBA.

To quote Jesse Ventura in The Predator, "They're dug in there like an Alabama tick."
GoldenWarrior11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby cu blujs » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:50 am

Maybe getting overshadowed by the little school on the North side for a few years will get some alumni demanding action. Unless someone can lure him away with a big, big paycheck, I don't think Porter Moser is going anywhere for a while. As he said in an interview in the Omaha World Herald this week -- I'm just a Catholic kid from Chicago. He's a huge Cubs fan and he is "home". I think he wants to raise his kids there. If Loyola can find a way to get him a million bucks a year or so, I just don't see anyone pulling him out of there. Unlike football, where you pretty much have to be in a P5 if you ever want to sniff the playoffs, Bball is made for schools like Loyola. Gonzaga, WSU and now Loyola have demonstrated that you don't have to be in a P6 conference to get to the final four. And that doesn't bode well for DePaul trying to recruit against him for Chicago kids, IMO.
cu blujs

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:00 am

cu blujs wrote:Maybe getting overshadowed by the little school on the North side for a few years will get some alumni demanding action. Unless someone can lure him away with a big, big paycheck, I don't think Porter Moser is going anywhere for a while. As he said in an interview in the Omaha World Herald this week -- I'm just a Catholic kid from Chicago. He's a huge Cubs fan and he is "home". I think he wants to raise his kids there. If Loyola can find a way to get him a million bucks a year or so, I just don't see anyone pulling him out of there. Unlike football, where you pretty much have to be in a P5 if you ever want to sniff the playoffs, Bball is made for schools like Loyola. Gonzaga, WSU and now Loyola have demonstrated that you don't have to be in a P6 conference to get to the final four. And that doesn't bode well for DePaul trying to recruit against him for Chicago kids, IMO.

There is already a strong contingent of alumni that are demanding action and being vocal for change. Unfortunately, the decision to keep the current leadership and administration in place is 100% political. They are very much rooted in the school and connected to the right people in the city. There is not a single AD in the whole country that would be able to remain in place after 14 years of repeated failure, not to mention three head coaching hires that all have finished at the bottom of their respective conference. Zero. Very unfortunate.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby Demon22 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:00 pm

DePaul Junior Forward Max Strus has declared for the NBA Draft, but will not hire an agent.

Demon22

Postby kayako » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:10 pm

stever20 wrote:1 thing about DePaul about the progress this year.... Right now in KP, they're ranked #99. If they finish better than 114, they would have had their best season since 2007. They've had their best defensive team by rating ever in the KP era. If they can make improvement offensively next year, they're going to be a threat to go NIT at least.

101 right now. Obviously the difference between 99 and 101 is arguably pretty big, but it still above average vs. P5 last place teams. I'd give Leitao another year in a weakened Big East.
supernova
kayako

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:12 pm

Demon22 wrote:DePaul Junior Forward Max Strus has declared for the NBA Draft, but will not hire an agent.

"I’m excited what I hear from our longtime, loyal season ticket holders who come to games because they want to support DePaul student-athletes. They’re not coming to games expecting it to be the junior NBA."

This will really upset Jean Lenti Ponsetto. She doesn't think fans care about student-athletes becoming professional basketball players.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby OmahaGuy » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:09 am

OmahaGuy

Postby DemonLS » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:59 pm

DePaul’s AD currently is battling an illness and she is a female. So very hard to fire her. It is very political and unacceptable for our fans and for the other BE teams and fans. What I am shocked about is why she does not step down or ask for a reassignment of her role due to her terrible record as AD. Very frustrating and hope
Ackerman gets involved.
DemonLS

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:33 am

DemonLS wrote:DePaul’s AD currently is battling an illness and she is a female. So very hard to fire her. It is very political and unacceptable for our fans and for the other BE teams and fans. What I am shocked about is why she does not step down or ask for a reassignment of her role due to her terrible record as AD. Very frustrating and hope
Ackerman gets involved.

At the very least, you'd think Val and the other schools would get involved after their blunder last week. You have the official DePaul men's basketball team Twitter page showing the NYC skyline as it's header picture, before fans tell them it's not Chicago. No joke. Then you have DePaul affiliated Twitter accounts attacking and calling out fans that call for a change in leadership within the athletic department.

It's an absolute mess.
GoldenWarrior11

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board