Big East Quarterfinals 3/8/18

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East Quarterfinals 3/8/18

Postby DanofXav76 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:59 pm

I'm surprised to hear it was Kaiser being the instigator. He's usually the quietest guy on the court and has no history that I'm aware of. It's always tough when a team has their season end, especially after a hard fought game. I'm looking at this one as more of a statement game by X, since many national experts and even our own neutral HLOH analyst (I'm looking at you Bill Marsh) had us being an upset special today. I believe Coach Mack and team were looking to set the tone today, not only for the BET but the NCAAT as well. Don't you just Love March?
DanofXav76

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby scoscox » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:02 pm

This providence-creighton game is awesome. Rough day for the requiem for the Big East crowd.
scoscox

Postby scoscox » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Gotta let Foster take that shot.
scoscox

Postby kmacker69 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:06 pm

scoscox wrote:Gotta let Foster take that shot.

Kid has been hitting lately and he couldn't have been any more open... Just looked like a tight shot. Tough fought game!
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby Omahanian » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:10 pm

Sometimes I just hate this game of basketball. Another one that hurts. But great, great game Providence. You always play us tough when it counts. Good luck to the rest of you still in the BET. Nothing against Xavier, but I gotta root for the Friars from here on out. Play your way into the Dance. I don't want to see you again till next year though. :D
C R E I G H T O N
Omahanian

Postby scoscox » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:12 pm

kmacker69 wrote:
scoscox wrote:Gotta let Foster take that shot.

Kid has been hitting lately and he couldn't have been any more open... Just looked like a tight shot. Tough fought game!

Foster had been off a little, but still think you give it to your senior over a freshman, especially when that guy is as clutch as marcus foster
scoscox

Postby DanofXav76 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:32 pm

Omahanian wrote:Sometimes I just hate this game of basketball. Another one that hurts. But great, great game Providence. You always play us tough when it counts. Good luck to the rest of you still in the BET. Nothing against Xavier, but I gotta root for the Friars from here on out. Play your way into the Dance. I don't want to see you again till next year though. :D

Pure Class as always Omahanian. Who doesn't like Ed Cooley? I know the Jays were looking forward to a rematch from our last meeting.
Looks like Providence and X get that rubber game tomorrow. It should be Epic. Best of luck to Creighton for a deep run in the NCAAT!!
DanofXav76

Postby gosports1 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:40 pm

saw the last few minutes of PC/Creighton. some battle!, PC needed the win more. Lets hope this win bumps them from the playin line (to make room for Marquette?!)
is Marquette in with a win over Villanova or do the need 2 wins?
gosports1

Postby XUFan09 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:42 pm

gosports1 wrote:saw the last few minutes of PC/Creighton. some battle!, PC needed the win more. Lets hope this win bumps them from the playin line (to make room for Marquette?!)
is Marquette in with a win over Villanova or do the need 2 wins?

They appear to be right on the cutoff line, so I imagine they'd be in with a win.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby NJRedman » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 pm

xu2002 wrote:
NJRedman wrote:
Yeah like that time against Cincy a few years ago?

You mean 7 years ago, but who's counting. I don't recall commenting on that situation and I'm not sure how it relates to players in the game today that were in middle or high school at the time of that game. The one similarity I do recall from that game to today's game is that Xavier won by more than 20 points. I give St. Johns credit, at least they didn't sucker punch any Xavier players like UC did.

Yeah you know, the team that this keeps happening to but it's always the other team who is starting it.
NJRedman

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board