When the REDMEN was the talk of the town

https://www.newsday.com/sports/college/ ... 1.17159796
REDMEN1415

When St. John's ran New York

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: When St. John's ran New York

Postby kayako » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:46 am

Nice read. It'd turbocharge our conference if St. John's can return to being great.

My first exposure to the conference was during the era of Kerry Kittles, John Wallace, Allen Iverson, Ray Allen, God Shammgod, etc. The Big East was easily the most entertaining conference for sure, and I think the MSG atmosphere played a big part in that. We must get back to that level.
supernova
kayako

Postby gtmoBlue » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:36 am

But..but...

If StJ comes roaring back, then Xavier will have to fall and take the Johnnies old spot!?? :o ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby DeltaV » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:06 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:But..but...

If StJ comes roaring back, then Xavier will have to fall and take the Johnnies old spot!?? :o ;)

With Xavier taking a little of the 'bad boy' position that Georgetown held in the 80's...why not get both?

Can you imagine ESPN crapping themselves if we had another final 4 with 3 Big East teams?
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Postby DeePhence » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:37 pm

I long for the day when St John's is relevant again.

This year, they were probably - what? - two dozen points in close games from being a tourney team? Watching the Duke game this year, I was as into it as if I were watching PC, to tell you the truth. That game made my day that day.

I'd rather see them get good sooner than I'd like to see Georgetown get good, although I have impressed with Patrick Ewing as a coach.

Let's go Friars! Cooley for Prez!
DeePhence

Return to Big East basketball message board