Regular Season Review

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Regular Season Review

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:49 pm

St. John’s was really thrown off course with the LoVett situation. I truly feel they would have been a tournament team if that situation never happened and LoVett decided to play.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Friarsfan94 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:27 pm

XUFan09 wrote:
mel ott wrote:
ecasadoSBU wrote:He said head and shoulder above the rest, except for Villanova. That's fairly accurate. The Elite8 run difinitely showed it was going to be a beast this year. Glad it panned out just as expected for them. Now go win it all for the Big East!!!

We understood what he meant. Head and shoulders- did you beat Nova?

Nope, we are definitely their bitch. But, Xavier also beat St. John's at home, Butler on the road, and Creighton on the road (however, contentious that was). And again, my main claim concerned Xavier versus the non-Villanova portion of Big East. If they had finished second or tied for first while falling to the 2 seed, I would still hold this position. They got their asses kicked twice by one team and went 15-1 against the other eight (Congratulations, Providence, for being the only team to beat both Xavier and Villanova. Seriously, that's cool.). I acknowledged that I forgot about pre-injury Creighton, but is there really any debate about the separation other than that?

Lol why thank you! Seriously if we’re gonna have this stupid argument that should be point 1a, nevermind Creighton. Now here’s the rebuttal “but Providence lost to DePaul” and we’re back to where we started. The league was CLEARLY Nova and X head and shoulders above the rest. They were 12 games over 500. The rest of the tournament teams were within 2 games of 500. Head and shoulders is an understatement if you ask me.
Friarsfan94

Postby BEXU » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:17 pm

It was another great year for the Big East. Now let's load up on the Sweet 16's, Elite Eight's, etc. for this Conference. New Season. Let's goooooooooooooooooooo! Dance is here Baby! :D
BEXU

Postby EMT » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:21 pm

it's amazing that Cooley can take a deeply flawed pc team to the be championship.

so glad to have him
EMT

Postby Friarsfan94 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:04 pm

I’m gonna argue against myself. After last night, after Nova and X, Providence is head and shoulders above the rest :lol: !
Friarsfan94

Postby Xudash » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:36 pm

Friarsfan94 wrote:I’m gonna argue against myself. After last night, after Nova and X, Providence is head and shoulders above the rest :lol: !

Hey, why not. Providence showed a lot of grit last night to take that game away from X. Cooley is s class act and a keeper. Congrats.
XAVIER
Xudash

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board