(4) Saturday Big East Games 2/24/18

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (4) Saturday Big East Games 2/24/18

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:34 am

Xpress, the beauty of the round robin is that it is 100% fair. Everyone plays the same schedule. Certainly I’d want us to win any banner (BE Championsip) possible, but I for one am so focused on us preparing for March this year. This era of Nova hoops needs another tourney run to cement it’s legacy. I’m actually glad that this team is facing so many great challenges in conf this year. It will toughen them up and make them focus on how they can get better.

And if X ends up winning the conference outright they certainly would have earned it fair and square.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby RxJay » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:43 am

I think the round robin format is so very important for the Big East. Nobody can argue about who the the champion is. Look at some of the giant conferences, they are a complete mess.
Creighton 70
RxJay

Postby XU85 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:44 pm

A great big thanks to our Omaha friends! The Jays were able to accomplish something the X-Men were not even close to doing. It was refreshing to see Nova stressed for a change and missing shots. No time to celebrate as there is work left to do!
Xavier, 85 & 87
XU85

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:09 pm

Debate in Omaha over the Jays progress/lack of over this 5 year span. A few are calling for Mac's head. While many are lamenting what appears to be plateauing due to recruiting misses/lack of depth/inconsistent to poor coaching.
Most are content and willing to play out the remaining 2+ years on Mac's contract. Recruiting in 17, 18, and probably 2019 should be sufficient enough to provide consistent winning at the current level, possibly more - thus there will
not be any firing of coaches (unless the roof caves in).

These last 2 years injuries have upset the cart and limited depth has seen end of season swoons. Small consolation in the fact that we were competing well prior to the injuries.
The 3 game losing streak caused an uproar in the Big O. The Nova win abated some of the talk..not all.
From my seat competing is insufficient. Accomplish/Meet some measurable milestones (RS, BET championships, ss or better runs in the dance), show me some hardware...I'll be happy. ;)
(I'll probably get hammered for posting "outside" of Jays boards, oh well.) :roll:

PS: Told you Xavierians last week that we'd help you out. Now win the damned RS championship. We (the BE) needed change at the top. (Everyone who helps you, ain't your friend.)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby BEhomer » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:53 pm

finally saw some soft spots on Nova D. they couldn't stop pick N roll lob all day. and that was a freshman Center who just got inserted into rotation. not sure if it's lack of heights or lack of rotation D but they need to fix that. wondering why DCR didn't get more burn and go big on Creighton who's clearly undermanned up front.

Ballock will be fun to watch for next few years. really good handle with lot of energy and savvy. Epperson doesn't have any offensive moves right now but he looks mobile and can challenge some shots. they should not have redshirted him in the first place. guy like that even with Kremplj not injured can still help you late season and in the tournament.
BEhomer

Postby XU85 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:35 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Debate in Omaha over the Jays progress/lack of over this 5 year span. A few are calling for Mac's head. While many are lamenting what appears to be plateauing due to recruiting misses/lack of depth/inconsistent to poor coaching.
Most are content and willing to play out the remaining 2+ years on Mac's contract. Recruiting in 17, 18, and probably 2019 should be sufficient enough to provide consistent winning at the current level, possibly more - thus there will

These last 2 years injuries have upset the cart and limited depth has seen end of season swoons. Small consolation in the fact that we were competing well prior to the injuries.
The 3 game losing streak caused an uproar in the Big O. The Nova win abated some of the talk..not all.
From my seat competing is insufficient. Accomplish/Meet some measurable milestones (RS, BET championships, ss or better runs in the dance), show me some hardware...I'll be happy. ;)
(I'll probably get hammered for posting "outside" of Jays boards, oh well.) :roll:

PS: Told you Xavierians last week that we'd help you out. Now win the damned RS championship. We (the BE) needed change at the top. (Everyone who helps you, ain't your friend.)

The enemy of my enemy is my friend!
Xavier, 85 & 87
XU85

Postby Novachap » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:48 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Debate in Omaha over the Jays progress/lack of over this 5 year span. A few are calling for Mac's head. While many are lamenting what appears to be plateauing due to recruiting misses/lack of depth/inconsistent to poor coaching.

GTMO--a hearty CONGRATS for Saturday... been out of pocket since the game. So, wanted to make sure I got back on here and acknowledged a great effort by your Jays. Well done.
Novachap

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Honestly, after the 3 game swoon, I had my doubts. Missed the game, but saw the tapes. Good game all around.
When Creighton grows up, they wanna be Nova. No sense emulating anyone but the Best.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:01 pm

Apologies for not posting sooner but wanted to congratulate my boy gtmoBlue and all the Creighton faithful on a great win! Very well played game, especially shorthanded, something Villanova fans are all too familiar with. I have a tremendous amount of respect for your program and hope to make it to Omaha one of these days. You boys are dancing! Congrats again! You’re my boy gtmo!
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby mel ott » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:08 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:Apologies for not posting sooner but wanted to congratulate my boy gtmoBlue and all the Creighton faithful on a great win! Very well played game, especially shorthanded, something Villanova fans are all too familiar with. I have a tremendous amount of respect for your program and hope to make it to Omaha one of these days. You boys are dancing! Congrats again! You’re my boy gtmo!

When you make it to Omaha, PM some of us and we can get you some great seats. That was the best game I have witnessed at home forever. I thought we would get beat by 20 w/o Harrell ( since we have gotten beat by 15+ for the last 5 games).
My favorite team in the Big East has always been Vill. They play so disciplined, with class, and are so fundamentally sound. My favorite game in Omaha. Xavier is good, but I always thought we can play with them. #gobigeast
mel ott

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board