(4) Saturday Big East Games 2/24/18

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (4) Saturday Big East Games 2/24/18

Postby MullinMayhem » Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:03 am

I'm proud of Creighton for still playing well despite losing an absolute stud player late in the season for the 2nd straight year. Creighton is always good but they always lose a stud that if they didn't get hurt would've made Creighton great. If Krampejl (apologies that is a rough name to spell) was still playing I think Creighton would be in the top 25 and they'd be a dark horse Sweet 16 team or more. It's also good to see X really challenging Nova at the top to prove we are more than just Nova (no offense another great program obviously). I just really hope we have a very good tourney showing. We haven't had the best luck there getting deep. Would be really nice to see 2 Big East teams in the Elite 8.
MullinMayhem

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BigEast1 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:36 pm

MullinMayhem wrote:I'm proud of Creighton for still playing well despite losing an absolute stud player late in the season for the 2nd straight year. Creighton is always good but they always lose a stud that if they didn't get hurt would've made Creighton great. If Krampejl (apologies that is a rough name to spell) was still playing I think Creighton would be in the top 25 and they'd be a dark horse Sweet 16 team or more. It's also good to see X really challenging Nova at the top to prove we are more than just Nova (no offense another great program obviously). I just really hope we have a very good tourney showing. We haven't had the best luck there getting deep. Would be really nice to see 2 Big East teams in the Elite 8.

Weren't you the one that said they would never be a consistent program after Doug McDermott left? Hmmm?
BigEast1

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:58 pm

Hey, Hey... we're all brothers here. No need looking for dirt where there is none.

Thanks MM for the kind words. Krampelj is a tough one to spell. Nice win by the Johnnies in OT last nite. The assist by StJ, X, and Nova left the Jays
in 3rd...solo. Thanks.

Looking forward to an exciting BET.

If any BE team gets seeded in Omaha...by all means contact some of the Creighton folk here and at the Bluejayunderground (Polyfro-Tom Nemitz) and Bluejay Banter (Creighton Rivals) (Tim Krueger). They will be able to assist with finding hotels, good restaurants, etc. AND you'll have good company watching the MW regionals. I'm assuming we'll have several teams going to the 2nd weekend.

I put up a MW Regional thread on www.bluejayunderground.com . It is beginning to get populated with info. Should have a good bank of info by Selection Sunday (i hope).
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board