(1) Tuesday BE Game 2/20/18

The home for Big East hoops

Postby MUPanther » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:07 am

Creighton at Butler (-4.5), 7PM
TV: FS1- Tim Brando p-b-p & Nick Bahe color
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: (1) Tuesday BE Game 2/20/18

Postby stever20 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:42 am

MUPanther wrote:Creighton at Butler (-4.5), 7PM
TV: FS1- Tim Brando p-b-p & Nick Bahe color

I think this is the first game this year where we can really say the winner of the game is a lock for the tourney. Loser definitely has a chance, but still has work to do- Butler with 2 road games left at St John's and Seton Hall really needing at least 1 of those, and Creighton with 3 left- home vs Nova and DePaul, followed by road game at Marquette- you would think just getting 1 of those 3 would be enough.
stever20

Postby cu blujs » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:46 am

This one could get ugly fast. Creighton's psyche is severely wounded at this point, and I see a really big let down after the Xavier and Marquette debacles. Hell a mid-level DII school was up on us 30-20 10 minutes into that game. Mac has no answer at PG this year and won't play the one true PG on the roster. We have lost the focus and energy on the defensive boards that we had earlier in season. Since we love to play percentages in our defensive scheme and don't seem to adjust, my guess is we let Baldwin, Jorgensen and Fowler shoot multiple uncontested threes. They will shoot over 50% combined from three, and someone like Nate Fowler will triple up on his scoring average.
cu blujs

Postby Bill Marsh » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:17 am

cu blujs wrote:This one could get ugly fast. Creighton's psyche is severely wounded at this point, and I see a really big let down after the Xavier and Marquette debacles. Hell a mid-level DII school was up on us 30-20 10 minutes into that game. Mac has no answer at PG this year and won't play the one true PG on the roster. We have lost the focus and energy on the defensive boards that we had earlier in season. Since we love to play percentages in our defensive scheme and don't seem to adjust, my guess is we let Baldwin, Jorgensen and Fowler shoot multiple uncontested threes. They will shoot over 50% combined from three, and someone like Nate Fowler will triple up on his scoring average.

Yes, Creighton is trending in the wrong direction. Even if they were playing well, they’d have their hands full at Hinkle. This doen’t Look like a good road trip for them.
Bill Marsh

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:52 pm

What? Thanks for the 2 votes of confidence.

It's Butler, @Hinkle. The Jays will come to play...and win.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:00 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:What? Thanks for the 2 votes of confidence.

Thank god the real gtmo has returned. You had me worried after the Marquette loss.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby kmacker69 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:01 pm

I'm some where in between cu blujs and gtmo... No way Cu crumbles, it will be a tough fought game, but I think Hinkle on senior night might just pull it into our favor!
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:10 pm

Hey Wiz.

That damned Marquette game killed me. Was floating about in the ethers and saw a great white light.

Went to the light and St. Pete said: "hey gtmo. What're you doing here?"
I told him about the game and he expressed some concern and said he had lost on the over. "go on back gtmo, it's not your time. Oh, and by the way...
next time use the other entrance".

As the great John Sheridan (Babylon 5) once said: (We thought you were dead?) "I was...but I'm better now."
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby FDS » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:31 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:What? Thanks for the 2 votes of confidence.

If they don't, can we expect the message board to become a whining crybabyfest of Jays fans complaining about officiating?
FDS

Postby cr8onbb » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm

There was zero whining of poor officiating after the Marquette game. That loss had nothing to do with the whistle. Many of our fans do complain of poor officiating after a game is poorly officiated (e.g. Xavier). I find it hard to believe any fan base wouldn't have done some complaining after a blown call like that with less than a second to go that decided a massively important game for both teams. Yes, there were other things we could have done throughout that game to avoid being in that situation, but it doesn't change the fact that it was a bad call at the worst possible time.
With respect to the game tonight, I sure hope we show more effort than we did Saturday. Even with it, might be a tough one to pull off.
cr8onbb

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board