54%
Nova
46%

Total votes : 37

Re: Xavier vs Nova

Postby Novachap » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:50 pm

Xudash wrote:Congrats to Nova.

I attended the game.

My hats off to Nova coming into an environment like that and executing their game plan as they did. It seemed you couldn't miss from behind the arc. It also seemed that barrage made X tighten up as the game wore on.

I must say it was my first time back to the Cintas Center since the renovations. The place is truly extraordinary.

Was a heck of a game. 2 heavyweights slugging it out.

Kicking myself today, had a chance to go and see the game ( I live in West Michigan) but passed for something else. Went to Hinkle for the first time this year and loved it (despite the outcome) will make it a point to get to Cintas next year. Awesome environment, X should be very proud of that place and experience.
Novachap

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:56 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:The matchups in the game were intriguing. Paschall physically made TB work defensively, and TB forced Paschall into some bad fouls. Bridges dominated JP IMO on both ends. I think Jay tries to stop those two guys and forces X to win with the others. It was fun watching Marshall battle Brunson on D. He’s a warrior. Your bigs missed too many bunnies & we hit slightly above our normal 3% = ballgame...

Yeah I thought for sure that a big part of X's game plan was going to be force feeding Kanter/O'Mara in the post. That's where their biggest advantage was, they really needed to win that match-up decisively. Trevon is going to get his, you just want to make him work really hard for it, which I think Nova did for the most part. JP is their spark plug if he gets going and starts talking and getting under peoples skins and stuff, that gets X hyped. Need to limit him, acceptable level of containment on him yesterday.
Westbrook#36

Postby American X » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:34 pm

Congrats, Generic Mascots. Be sure to play that well in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.
American X

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:55 pm

American X wrote:Congrats, Generic Mascots. Be sure to play that well in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Thanks generic conference foe, be sure to reach a final 4 sometime.
Westbrook#36

Postby pki1998 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:59 pm

American X wrote:Congrats, Generic Mascots. Be sure to play that well in the second round of the NCAA Tournament.

Every fan base has sore losers, trust me he does not speak for the vast majority of Xavier fans. While i can say it's extremely frustrating to keep losing to Nova, most X fans are happy to be in a league with such a great program.

American X, It takes a special kind of logic to make fun of a program for being upset in the second round of the tournament, when two years ago the won the whole thing and we were knocked out in the second round as a two seed.
Xavier
pki1998

Postby Westbrook#36 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:06 pm

pki1998 wrote:Every fan base has sore losers, trust me he does not speak for the vast majority of Xavier fans. While i can say it's extremely frustrating to keep losing to Nova, most X fans are happy to be in a league with such a great program.

American X, It takes a special kind of logic to make fun of a program for being upset in the second round of the tournament, when two years ago the won the whole thing and we were knocked out in the second round as a two seed.

The majority of X posters are good solid people, every program has their share of hotheads and sore losers. That reply was just for those posters, plus the set-up was too easy. X will be fine, still in play for a well deserved #1 seed, just take care of business.
Westbrook#36

Postby kayako » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:31 pm

pki1998 wrote:

Every fan base has sore losers, trust me he does not speak for the vast majority of Xavier fans. While i can say it's extremely frustrating to keep losing to Nova, most X fans are happy to be in a league with such a great program.

I didn't think it was out of line. I took it as an encouragement. :D
supernova
kayako

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Clearly an AAC-bot trying to cause division among the BE brethren.

This can’t be a genuine X fan, right?
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby scoscox » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:57 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote: Your bigs missed too many bunnies & we hit slightly above our normal 3% = ballgame.

Yup. Also thought we went away from Trevon too much down the stretch when we really needed a bucket and our bigs were ineffective.
scoscox

Postby scoscox » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:58 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Clearly an AAC-bot trying to cause division among the BE brethren.

This can’t be a genuine X fan, right?

But seriously, don't lose in the second round again.
scoscox

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board