Xavier vs Nova

Xavier
54%
Nova
46%

Total votes : 37

Re: Xavier vs Nova

Postby The Partisan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:47 pm

That was a great game X (and all BE fans). Well played, great crowd, little pushing and shoving, great publicity for the league..... but you mess with the bull and you get the horns! Seriously, great game though....just happy Villanova won.
The Partisan - Villanova '89 - Go Cats!
The Partisan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:09 pm

X couldn't do it themselves, so I s'pose we'll (Creighton) have to help 'em out next week. You owe us two, Xavier...(Yeah I'm counting that "gift" the refs gave you last Saturday.)

Ol' Radnor has a really fine NG artillery unit there (Yea Nova...some stuff don't change).

Yo Chesty, Gumby, Novachap, and the fellas...I should know better than to root against your boys, but I'm nada if not a creature of habit. See youse guys next week. Congrats!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby DanofXav76 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:37 pm

Just back from the game and Congrats Nova. Well played. A couple observations. I didn't see the dust up under the basket so no comment there ,but when Spellman and Scruggs were both back on the floor Spellman gave Scruggs "five", kind of a "no hard feelings" move. Also Jay W. took extended time with both Tre and JP in the handshake line. In a very heated contest both class moves.
DanofXav76

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:28 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:X couldn't do it themselves, so I s'pose we'll (Creighton) have to help 'em out next week. You owe us two, Xavier...(Yeah I'm counting that "gift" the refs gave you last Saturday.)

Ol' Radnor has a really fine NG artillery unit there (Yea Nova...some stuff don't change).

Yo Chesty, Gumby, Novachap, and the fellas...I should know better than to root against your boys, but I'm nada if not a creature of habit. See youse guys next week. Congrats!

Not gonna lie Git but the game does scare me a bit. I have a feeling the Jays will bring their best. Hoping we get Phil B back because we’re going to need all the bodies we can spare. Just another night in the BE; be ready to scrap and claw or get picked off.

You guys miss the MVC yet?
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby pki1998 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:05 pm

I thought that Nova would win, but at least Xavier would make it a close game. Have to say this was the toughest game to watch all season. Congrats Nova you once again showed you own Xavier. Hope we get another shot at redemption at the garden.
Xavier
pki1998

Postby paulxu » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:52 am

Congrats to the Novas! Glad we came back a little in the second half, but in the end the result seemed eerily familiar.
Hope to see you again in NYC. This is a fun year, and time for making a good BE mark in the NCAA's.
...he went up late, and I was already up there.
paulxu

Postby XU85 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:01 am

This game was a disappointment from the start with 3 fouls in the first 25 seconds. When knew Nova uses shot fakes?

X came out tight and looked scared, which is disappointing in and of itself. Nova down a starter and wins convincingly again against Xavier's human cone defense. Not at all surprising that Nova finds it's shooting touch against X.
Xavier, 85 & 87
XU85

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:41 am

XU85 wrote:This game was a disappointment from the start with 3 fouls in the first 25 seconds. When knew Nova uses shot fakes?

X came out tight and looked scared, which is disappointing in and of itself. Nova down a starter and wins convincingly again against Xavier's human cone defense. Not at all surprising that Nova finds it's shooting touch against X.

I can tell you that from our point of view it looked like X came out amped. Two 3’s to start the game by JP and that place was rocking. I just think Nova matched that initial intensity. Didn’t see X as scared or tight.

The matchups in the game were intriguing. Paschall physically made TB work defensively, and TB forced Paschall into some bad fouls. Bridges dominated JP IMO on both ends. I think Jay tries to stop those two guys and forces X to win with the others. It was fun watching Marshall battle Brunson on D. He’s a warrior. Your bigs missed too many bunnies & we hit slightly above our normal 3% = ballgame. If we get in the habit of giving up a difference of 20 pts via the foul line, and our March run stops early.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Xudash » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:04 pm

Congrats to Nova.

I attended the game.

My hats off to Nova coming into an environment like that and executing their game plan as they did. It seemed you couldn't miss from behind the arc. It also seemed that barrage made X tighten up as the game wore on.

I must say it was my first time back to the Cintas Center since the renovations. The place is truly extraordinary.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby kayako » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:29 pm

Good game Xavier, great crowd as usual. Marshall looks like a future stud. But 25 assists to 6 TOs is hard to beat. Gotta make the game much uglier than that to beat Nova, and I think X has the experience and players to do so.

Nova's easily deeper than last year, with better passing which leads to better shooting. We're not as good defensively, but I think this is Jay's best team ever. We just gotta get everyone healthy and get the rotation right. I can't wait for March!
supernova
kayako

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board