2018 NBA Mock Draft

The home for Big East hoops

2018 NBA Mock Draft

Postby ArmyVet » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:14 pm

Interesting to see these names (at least to me):

8. Bulls — Mikal Bridges, SG/SF, Villanova Age: 21.4 | Height: 6-7 | Weight: 210

The Bulls need a connecting piece between Zach LaVine and Lauri Markkanen, and it’s a spot Villanova’s Bridges could slot into with ease. The 6-7 wing is one of college basketball’s most versatile defenders with the stats to back it up, as he’s averaging 2.1 steals and 1.5 blocks per 40 minutes.

Bridges is the quintessential 3-and-D wing. He projects as a high 30s 3-point shooter at the next level based on his quality free throw shooting and 3-point volume. The 21-year-old’s upside hinges on what kind of creation he can offer. If he can attack closeouts consistently, he’ll be one of the league’s top role players. If he can initiate on his own, he’ll be a star.

24. Lakers (via Cavs) — Khyri Thomas, SG, Creighton Age: 21.7 | Height: 6-3 | Weight: 200

The Lakers were able to unload Jordan Clarkson’s contract while opening up cap space and securing this first-rounder from Cleveland at the deadline. After nailing Kyle Kuzma and Josh Hart in the 20s last year, expectations will be high for the team’s front office come June.

At 6-3 with a 6-10 wingspan, Thomas would give the Lakers another 3-and-D wing option who can also defend point guards. He is a career 39.9 percent 3-point shooter who has averaged 2.0 steals per 40 minutes. These days, NBA teams can’t have too many quality wings.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/nba/nba ... ar-BBJ5ivF
ArmyVet

2018 NBA Mock Draft

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 2018 NBA Mock Draft

Postby billyjack » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Would love to see Bridges join Kris Dunn in Chicago.

No Foster, Brunson, nor Delgado on the list?
Providence
billyjack

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:32 pm

Yeah, Brunson needs to go somewhere. I don't want to see him another year.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby CPJays » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:44 pm

I don't see Delgado as an NBA player. Not a lot of skill outside of the paint, not overly athletic. Great college player, not sure how he defends or scores at the next level. Would love to be proven wrong.

Brunson is going to make some team really happy with a late 1st or 2nd round pick. One of those guys that is too smart and skilled to not last a long time, but unlikely to reach that All Star level.

Foster I see getting a flier as an undrafted FA that has to have a good summer. Lots of 2nd round picks are used on overseas guys to stash for a few years so a 23 year old American is a tough sell. Could see him on a roster with his pure scoring ability though, his jumper has been on point this season.
CPJays

Postby Friarsfan94 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:56 am

Is Khyri Thomas really the guy on Creighton or just a first rounder because he has loads of potential and upside with his measurables?
Friarsfan94

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:05 am

Friarsfan94 wrote:Is Khyri Thomas really the guy on Creighton or just a first rounder because he has loads of potential and upside with his measurables?

You'd have to ask the NBA experts why they think he's a first rounder. I'll trust their judgment.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby EMT » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:31 am

I've been arguing for Delgado in the NBA for a couple of years. Then I see a Daniel Theis on the Celtics and he can rebound as well as anyone AND hit the 3 and I'm less optimistic.
EMT

Postby Friarsfan94 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:32 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
Friarsfan94 wrote:Is Khyri Thomas really the guy on Creighton or just a first rounder because he has loads of potential and upside with his measurables?

You'd have to ask the NBA experts why they think he's a first rounder. I'll trust their judgment.

Uh, ok. I wasn’t looking for NBA experts’ opinions. That’s why I asked this board, where there’s Creighton fans who watch them every game. I don’t watch Creighton every game, and was always under the impression Foster was the guy with the most NBA hype on the Jays. Not discrediting Thomas in anyway. Honest curiosity.
Friarsfan94

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:59 pm

Khyri has the measurables and potential also, but his proven defensive prowess these last 2 years are what have the scouts salivatiing. On offense Marcus is the man and team leader, with Khyri 2nd, but when it comes to defense Khyri is the engine that drives the bus.
His defensive stopper history along with his measurables are what have propelled him in these mock drafts, plus he has added an improved offense to his arsenal. He is not showy, just effective.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Friarsfan94 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:03 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Khyri has the measurables and potential also, but his proven defensive prowess these last 2 years are what have the scouts salivatiing. On offense Marcus is the man and team leader, with Khyri 2nd, but when it comes to defense Khyri is the engine that drives the bus.
His defensive stopper history along with his measurables are what have propelled him in these mock drafts, plus he has added an improved offense to his arsenal. He is not showy, just effective.

Seems Kris Dunn-ish lol.
Friarsfan94

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board