(2) Big East Games- Tuesday 2/13/18

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) Big East Games- Tuesday 2/13/18

Postby kmacker69 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:22 pm

Congrats GT, but damn we are starting to beat each other a bit too much. Only fun when other teams lose to the "bottom" teams. ;) Butler needs to turn it around and start losing close games again! :oops:
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Irishdawg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:46 pm

kmacker69 wrote:Congrats GT, but damn we are starting to beat each other a bit too much. Only fun when other teams lose to the "bottom" teams. ;) Butler needs to turn it around and start losing close games again! :oops:

I mean, they're already doing a pretty good job of that the last 3 games, so not sure we need a turn around to keep that up.
Irishdawg

Postby kmacker69 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:59 pm

Come on man at least let me fix that with out quoting it... You know I meant not losing close games! ;) I guess my posting was about as good as we played tonight... :oops:
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby Irishdawg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:02 pm

kmacker69 wrote:Come on man at least let me fix that with out quoting it... You know I meant not losing close games! ;) I guess my posting was about as good as we played tonight... :oops:

lol, no worries, all in good fun.
Irishdawg

Postby DeadHeadHoya » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:39 pm

The Hoyas are finally closing games. Look out Xavier we are gonna bring it
DeadHeadHoya

Postby thebigeXpress » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 pm

DeadHeadHoya wrote:The Hoyas are finally closing games. Look out Xavier we are gonna bring it

I assure you I am deathly worried about our return game with the Hoyas.
thebigeXpress

Postby Toronto Rapture » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 am

Jet915 wrote:All of the sudden, no one wants to be last in the Big East....

Kind of getting back to what was discussed in another thread recently; short term, it may not be good that the bottom teams are getting wins and hurting the tournament chances of other BE teams, but long term, its good for the conference that St. John's, Georgetown, and maybe even DePaul are showing signs of a turnaround. And hopefully in the case of Georgetown, maybe it will be a relatively quick turnaround. I don't want to jinx Georgetown, but could Ewing's first year be considered relatively successful already? Imagine if the Hoyas have a good BET.
"...Bull doggin'...like them Georgetown Hoyas..." Big Boi from Outkast
Toronto Rapture

Postby stever20 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:43 am

Toronto Rapture wrote:
Jet915 wrote:All of the sudden, no one wants to be last in the Big East....

Kind of getting back to what was discussed in another thread recently; short term, it may not be good that the bottom teams are getting wins and hurting the tournament chances of other BE teams, but long term, its good for the conference that St. John's, Georgetown, and maybe even DePaul are showing signs of a turnaround. And hopefully in the case of Georgetown, maybe it will be a relatively quick turnaround. I don't want to jinx Georgetown, but could Ewing's first year be considered relatively successful already? Imagine if the Hoyas have a good BET.

It's funny, but Georgetown goes 3-1 rest of the way playing Xavier, Providence, Marquette, and Nova- they're 18-11 with a sub 100 RPI. Get a win in the BET and you could really make the case they deserve an NIT bid.

The win tonight for Georgetown means looking at RPI Forecast they worst case have a 150 RPI this year which would be tier 3 home games for opponents. If they can win 1 more game, they would have worst case a 130 RPI which would be tier 2 road games for everyone.
stever20

Postby hoyahooligan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:24 am

Crazy to think if the hoyas could close games better and held on to the games against Cuse, Butler @ home, Depaul, Providence, Xavier hoyas would be 20-5 and RPI 47. 2-2 after that would easily have them a lock for the tournament. Hoyas are not that far away and that's with middling point guard play. Assuming everyone comes back and Mac or a serviceable grad transfer can run the point better than our PG by committee this year Hoyas should be back in the tournament next year.
hoyahooligan

Postby ecasadoSBU » Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:09 am

I saw the Hoyas game last night. Felt good to see them take this one. I like how they are playing. I'm sure Ewing is pleased with the growth.

The league is a BEAST every night. If you are not on your top game you will lose!

In regards to Butler, I still think they'll be in at the end of the day. Big East should have no problem getting six teams in.

Upsets are good! Upsets drive fans to the games! Let things play out as they should. Bids shouldn't be the focus of conference play, that talk is only for November till late December (OOC)
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board