Porter Moser to DePaul?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Porter Moser to DePaul?

Postby Demon22 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Burrito wrote:Wainwright and Purnell were the DePaul coaches for about 5 years each. Leitao is now in year 3.

Wainwright won 20 games his 2nd year, and the Dar Tucker/Mac Koshwal recruiting class was considered a big deal, so he had a bit of a longer leash.

Purnell's contract was such that he couldn't really be bought out until after his 5th year.

Leitao has neither of those things going for him.
Demon22

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:28 pm

JLP/Leitao are not going anywhere. Quotes from DePaul this week, after the story in the DePaulia requesting to fire JLP:

“Under Athletic Director Jean Lenti Ponsetto’s leadership,” Carol Hughes (DePaul PR/Communications) said, “our student athletes continue to make us proud.” Hughes’ statement continued with a list of the athletic department’s accomplishments under Ponsetto, which highlighted student athletes’ successes in the classroom and in non-revenue generating sports. Hughes said 14 of 15 Blue Demon athletic programs have represented the university at NCAA championships under Ponsetto’s command, including 15 straight NCAA tournament appearances from DePaul’s women’s basketball team. DePaul has also become a powerhouse in the Big East for racking up academic awards for their student athletes, she said.

Ponsetto denied The DePaulia’s request for an interview but issued a statement in response to the GoFundMe campaign seeking to oust her as athletic director.
“As athletic director, I certainly realize fans are entitled to voice their opinions,” Ponsetto said. “That doesn’t mean I have to agree with it. Our men’s basketball team is a fine group of student-athletes who are terrific ambassadors for our university. The players and their coaches are working hard to improve every time the team takes to the court. All of our student-athletes make me proud every day with their many accomplishments — both in athletic competitions and in the classroom.”
GoldenWarrior11

Postby MUBoxer » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:56 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:JLP/Leitao are not going anywhere. Quotes from DePaul this week, after the story in the DePaulia requesting to fire JLP:

“Under Athletic Director Jean Lenti Ponsetto’s leadership,” Carol Hughes (DePaul PR/Communications) said, “our student athletes continue to make us proud.” Hughes’ statement continued with a list of the athletic department’s accomplishments under Ponsetto, which highlighted student athletes’ successes in the classroom and in non-revenue generating sports. Hughes said 14 of 15 Blue Demon athletic programs have represented the university at NCAA championships under Ponsetto’s command, including 15 straight NCAA tournament appearances from DePaul’s women’s basketball team. DePaul has also become a powerhouse in the Big East for racking up academic awards for their student athletes, she said.

Ponsetto denied The DePaulia’s request for an interview but issued a statement in response to the GoFundMe campaign seeking to oust her as athletic director.
“As athletic director, I certainly realize fans are entitled to voice their opinions,” Ponsetto said. “That doesn’t mean I have to agree with it. Our men’s basketball team is a fine group of student-athletes who are terrific ambassadors for our university. The players and their coaches are working hard to improve every time the team takes to the court. All of our student-athletes make me proud every day with their many accomplishments — both in athletic competitions and in the classroom.”

Surprised she didn't just say they have their own facts and that it's fake news that anybody would ever want her gone lmao
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby Demon22 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:33 pm

Reminder that what is said for public consumption may or may not reflect private reality.
Demon22

Postby whiteandblue77 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:45 pm

Demon22 wrote:I hope that if/when the time comes, DePaul aims a little higher than a coach whose career record is barely over .500 some 14 years into his career.

He's had three huge rebuilds with Little Rock, Illst and Loyola, so his record is completely irrelevant. Great guy, great Chicago guy, too bad about DePaul's AD, she really sucks it seems for Men's teams at least...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/co ... story.html
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Postby XtoDC » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:21 am

I think he may be poached by a bigger draw now at this point, but if he really likes Chicago DePaul has to at least reach out to his agent and see if there is interest.
XtoDC

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:27 pm

DePaul needs the heat turned up. Loyola has received more publicity and celebration this week than DePaul has in over 10 years. With this run, Loyola will start getting more and more eye balls.

But as long as JLP keeps her job, and her friends and family keep theirs, the cycle of failure will continue.
GoldenWarrior11

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board