Committee Bracket Reveal on CBS

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Committee Bracket Reveal on CBS

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:51 pm

bmorex wrote:
Wizard of Westroads wrote:X in Omaha is a home game. You'll have more than the Cintas' 11,000 rooting for you!

Even after yesterday? :D

Creighton season ticket holder's had the option to purchase NCAA tickets before the public and I'm not sure there were any left after we bought them. So basically all regional seats are held by Creighton season-ticket holder's at this point.

As much as I hated the result yesterday, I can assure you that I would be screaming my lungs out in support of Xavier or any other Big East team - especially if they were facing an FBS football type school.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ecasadoSBU » Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:56 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
bmorex wrote:
Wizard of Westroads wrote:X in Omaha is a home game. You'll have more than the Cintas' 11,000 rooting for you!

Creighton season ticket holder's had the option to purchase NCAA tickets before the public and I'm not sure there were any left after we bought them. So basically all regional seats are held by Creighton season-ticket holder's at this point.

As much as I hated the result yesterday, I can assure you that I would be screaming my lungs out in support of Xavier or any other Big East team - especially if they were facing an FBS football type school.

I would do the same honestly.

If the SEC fans root for each other in the CFP then why not the Big East fans.
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:51 pm

Since the reconfig of the League we have all supported one another in the non conference and the Dance. I see no reason why that won't continue.
We are one family, one Big East. Go Big East!
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby X-man » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:37 pm

Omaha1 wrote:
bmorex wrote:

And there is the key difference between normal league fans and Dayton cryer fans, and therefore why I will never support adding the cryers to the Big East. Back when Xavier was in the A-10 with the cryers, Xavier had to play in the play-in game in UD Arena. Did cryer fans root for their league-mates in that game??? Noooooooooooo! Xavier was booed repeatedly every time they touched the ball. Cryer fans suck.
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby bmorex » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:17 pm

X-man wrote:And there is the key difference between normal league fans and Dayton cryer fans, and therefore why I will never support adding the cryers to the Big East. Back when Xavier was in the A-10 with the cryers, Xavier had to play in the play-in game in UD Arena. Did cryer fans root for their league-mates in that game??? Noooooooooooo! Xavier was booed repeatedly every time they touched the ball. Cryer fans suck.

Xavier was actually in its inaugural year in the Big East during the First Four game in Dayton (2013-14).
bmorex

Postby BEXU » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Yep. people wonder why X fans hate Dayton:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/c ... avksqsYsI/
BEXU

Postby stever20 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:32 pm

The Virginia/Cincy game would be a game 1st to 30 points wins I think.
stever20

Postby stever20 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:26 pm

From Jerry Palm's writeup of the committee top 16 reveal-
The committee seemed to favor strong schedules and quality wins. Duke and Kansas as No. 2 seeds are prominent examples of that. Both teams have a relatively high number of losses, including a couple of head-scratchers, but both also have strong schedules and a high number of quality wins. No team has more wins in the top quadrant than Kansas.

To me looking at the records vs tier 1 games- Providence at 5-5 should be maybe a bit more comfortable than you would think. #75 OOC SOS and #17 overall SOS.

On the other end of things is Creighton. 2-6 vs tier 1 games and #236 projected OOC SOS and #43 overall.

Butler at 3-9 vs tier 1 games but #99 projected OOC SOS- #23 overall- kind of a mix of the 2 things.

For St John's if they can get to 17-13 last 5 games would improve on their 2-9 tier 1 record. Has a projected #34 OOC SOS and #6 overall SOS. If they're sitting on selection Sunday at 18 wins, I think they're in pretty comfortably based on what we saw today. The key is going to be getting there I'd say.
stever20

Postby paulxu » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:59 pm

Omaha1 wrote: So basically all regional seats are held by Creighton season-ticket holder's at this point.

If X can make it to Omaha, it would be great to have the support of the local fans.

But some of the regional seats must be held for each team's supporters, yes? At least a few.
...he went up late, and I was already up there.
paulxu

Postby Omaha1 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:07 pm

paulxu wrote:
Omaha1 wrote: So basically all regional seats are held by Creighton season-ticket holder's at this point.

If X can make it to Omaha, it would be great to have the support of the local fans.

But some of the regional seats must be held for each team's supporters, yes? At least a few.

Yes the NCAA retains tickets for the organization and sponsors as well as the four participants. But the larger portion of the crowd has tickets because they are CU season ticket holders. I should have extras when the time comes if someone needs them.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board