(5) Saturday BE Games 2/10/18

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (5) Saturday BE Games 2/10/18

Postby eye of the jay » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Can’t wait to take down Xavier in the tourney in a legitimately called game. No ref in their right mind would make that call when both defenders went straight up, the ref was shielded from the play on the other side of the basket, and Toby cleanly blocked it. Absolutely worst call of the year that’s going to cost us 1-2 seeds in the tourney.

Disgraceful call by the ref.
eye of the jay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DanofXav76 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:52 pm

Nothing like getting homered on your home court .
DanofXav76

Postby X Factor » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:53 pm

I get it. But as I said before, the refs called a travel on O'Mara late in the game that was not even close to a travel. Took a possession away from X on a play where he probably goes to the free throw line.

Tough way to lose, but X didn't play all that well. Good defense by Creighton, but X couldn't buy a three and Trevon only scored 6 points. You tell me that before the game and I would've said Creighton wins by 15 easy.
X Factor

Postby eye of the jay » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:54 pm

X Factor wrote:
BluejaysForThree wrote:
X Factor wrote:Xavier made 3-19 from three and still won on the road, in one of the toughest places to play in America.

Bluiett only had 6 points.

X found a way.

By having the refs in their back pockets... Enjoy this "win" X fans... what a joke!

You hold Bluiett to 6 points and X to 3-19 from three. You're at home. You blame the refs for the losing the game. Classic.

I wouldn’t have minded or blamed the refs if it’s a 50/50 call and they decide to give the shooter the benefit of the doubt but that’s textbook defense straight up minimal contact (initiated by Goodin) and a call that should never be made from behind the defenders. Why is he on that side of the basket anyway?
eye of the jay

Postby eye of the jay » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:55 pm

X Factor wrote:I get it. But as I said before, the refs called a travel on O'Mara late in the game that was not even close to a travel. Took a possession away from X on a play where he probably goes to the free throw line.

Tough way to lose, but X didn't play all that well. Good defense by Creighton, but X couldn't buy a three and Trevon only scored 6 points. You tell me that before the game and I would've said Creighton wins by 15 easy.

He took three steps with possession of the ball so yeah by definition it was a travel. Watch the Slow-mo replay fox aired.
eye of the jay

Postby zmagic30 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:58 pm

The only people who think that call wasn't complete bullsh-- are Xavier fans and Nebraska fans.
Creighton
There's always next year!
zmagic30

Postby GoodNight&GoJays » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:02 pm

X Factor wrote:I get it. But as I said before, the refs called a travel on O'Mara late in the game that was not even close to a travel. Took a possession away from X on a play where he probably goes to the free throw line.

It's not like creighton shot lights out and kyri thomas guarding blueitt is the reason for his poor game. It is the only thing we do well defensively.... him locking down the opponent's best scorer. With under three minutes left you had shot 7 times more fts. 7-1 before that foul on mintz. Take your win and go away. Mack would have had to be physically restrained after a call like that and every X fan would be on here bitching.
Last edited by GoodNight&GoJays on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GoodNight&GoJays

Postby DanofXav76 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:02 pm

Serious question. Is it legal for the PA announcer to urge the crowd to get loud with an opposing player shooting free throw?. That would seem more appropiate for a cheerleader.
DanofXav76

Postby X Factor » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:03 pm

eye of the jay wrote:

He took three steps with possession of the ball so yeah by definition it was a travel. Watch the Slow-mo replay fox aired.

I did, he slipped a screen and Trevon passed it to him. He caught the ball and went up in a single motion. NOT a travel.
X Factor

Postby X Factor » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:05 pm

GoodNight&GoJays wrote:

It's not like creighton shot lights out and kyri thomas guarding blueitt is the reason for his poor game. It is the only thing we do well defensively.... him locking down the opponent's best scorer. With under three minutes left you had shot 7 times more fts. 7-1 before that foul on mintz. Take your win and go away. Mack would have had to be physically restrained after a call like that and every X fan would be on here bitching.

No, I would be pissed if Xavier was at home, held Creighton to 3-19 from three and Marcus Foster to 6 points, and still lost.
X Factor

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board