(5) Saturday BE Games 2/10/18

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (5) Saturday BE Games 2/10/18

Postby DanofXav76 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:35 pm

handdownmandown wrote:After reading this thread I'm looking on the bright side: this opens the door for X to become the first 1 seed to lose in the round of 64.

Zip em up!

Ouch that's a bit harsh I must say, but if it helps ease the sting. Not sure it would be a great look for our league though. Winners tell jokes losers say deal.
DanofXav76

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby X Factor » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:08 pm

So I've watched the highlights on a couple of different networks, and all the studio guys I've heard have said Goodin got fouled.
X Factor

Postby FormulaX » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:08 pm

Espn announcers on highlights have said both calls were fouls.
FormulaX

Postby TBC Alum » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:23 pm

Removed.

Post below says it much better
Last edited by TBC Alum on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CU clap clap CU
TBC Alum

Postby Omahanian » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:45 pm

The Creighton loss today was a heartbreaker. Xavier you found a way. Great job. As far as the refs go, it is always difficult to tell from my seats. The Bluejays missed several bunnies, gave up a lot of offensive boards for extra chance points and the Manny Suarez minutes really hurt us at the end of the first half. We clean a bunch of that up and the refs probably aren't in a position to influence the game. All of that said, my Jays competed their butts off and I am very proud of them. This game gives me hope that we can continue to improve and do the conference proud in the Tourney. And the crowd today was perhaps as loud as I can remember. It was a great college atmosphere. Again Congratulations Xavier! Go Big East!
C R E I G H T O N
Omahanian

Postby DanofXav76 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:48 pm

Omahanian wrote:The Creighton loss today was a heartbreaker. Xavier you found a way. Great job. As far as the refs go, it is always difficult to tell from my seats. The Bluejays missed several bunnies, gave up a lot of offensive boards for extra chance points and the Manny Suarez minutes really hurt us at the end of the first half. We clean a bunch of that up and the refs probably aren't in a position to influence the game. All of that said, my Jays competed their butts off and I am very proud of them. This game gives me hope that we can continue to improve and do the conference proud in the Tourney. And the crowd today was perhaps as loud as I can remember. It was a great college atmosphere. Again Congratulations Xavier! Go Big East!

Classy post after a heartbreaker. Well done Sir.
DanofXav76

Postby DudeAnon » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:53 pm

Fact is Creighton cant hang with X. Creighton played great, X played awful and we still won. Tomorrow is bracket preview show. I foresee a #1 seed in the future.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby kmacker69 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:54 pm

Omahanian wrote:The Creighton loss today was a heartbreaker. Xavier you found a way. Great job. As far as the refs go, it is always difficult to tell from my seats. The Bluejays missed several bunnies, gave up a lot of offensive boards for extra chance points and the Manny Suarez minutes really hurt us at the end of the first half. We clean a bunch of that up and the refs probably aren't in a position to influence the game. All of that said, my Jays competed their butts off and I am very proud of them. This game gives me hope that we can continue to improve and do the conference proud in the Tourney. And the crowd today was perhaps as loud as I can remember. It was a great college atmosphere. Again Congratulations Xavier! Go Big East!

Ok you can ignore my post in the Duke treatment thread! I felt the same way after a few hours from our game, but it does hurt when your boys lose a tough fought game! ;)
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby kmacker69 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:57 pm

DudeAnon wrote:Fact is Creighton cant hang with X. Creighton played great, X played awful and we still won. Tomorrow is bracket preview show. I foresee a #1 seed in the future.

And that is why I don't like X fans on the whole... You have some good ones though! Stay classy Cincinnati! (Oh wait that is hard for you... Ok one drink away from finishing that sentence. ;) ) :lol: :roll: :twisted:
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby xavierfano8 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:00 pm

It’s funny how 90% of Xavier’s wins have been because of the refs this year. We would be on the other side of the bubble if it weren’t for them.
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board