(5) Saturday BE Games 2/10/18

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (5) Saturday BE Games 2/10/18

Postby Xudash » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:02 pm

Omahanian wrote:The Creighton loss today was a heartbreaker. Xavier you found a way. Great job. As far as the refs go, it is always difficult to tell from my seats. The Bluejays missed several bunnies, gave up a lot of offensive boards for extra chance points and the Manny Suarez minutes really hurt us at the end of the first half. We clean a bunch of that up and the refs probably aren't in a position to influence the game. All of that said, my Jays competed their butts off and I am very proud of them. This game gives me hope that we can continue to improve and do the conference proud in the Tourney. And the crowd today was perhaps as loud as I can remember. It was a great college atmosphere. Again Congratulations Xavier! Go Big East!

Well done.

Nobody in their right mind wanted it to end like that.
XAVIER
Xudash

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NJRedman » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:06 pm

How 'bout them Johnnies?!?! Should be a fun game this week between the two last place teams.
NJRedman

Postby blueblood » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:15 pm

Its not X's fault the refs made the calls they did. They benefitted from the last of many bad calls, but thats not X's fault. I don't think most Jays fans are mad at X, they are mad at some calls and the people that made them. If there was a no call with .3 seconds we would have X fans doing just what Jays fans are now doing. So, that being said is there a site that grades refs? Is there a site that has their schedules? How much accountability do they have? I have read many times that coaches and players have post game pressers where they have to explain why they did what they did but refs just move on to the next one. Who governs ref selection? Will anyone look at the entire game and say, "Larry you missed one there"?
blueblood

Postby bobpp1 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:29 pm

Bad loss for the friars. Lindsey out with a concussion and both Bullock and Cartwright playing with the flu hurt their chances. Diallo had one of his worst games this year. Next man up as the schedule gets more difficult.
bobpp1

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:29 pm

We watched 2 good teams battle today. Both were less than their best (mid to hi 40's percentage wise), but continued to battle. Missed bunnies and opportunities, TO's, X's offensive rbds and 2nd chance points. Disappointed with the Jays 5 min. scoring drought in the mid 2nd half, but defense had something to do with that. Alot of elements to a game and W's n L's. Refs notwithstanding, I expected a very close game and that's what we got. Congrats Musketeers on a good W. Success moving ahead.

Seems like I just said this - moving on. Bemidji St and Marquette up next. Less margin for error for 3rd place now.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby DudeAnon » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:54 pm

kmacker69 wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:Fact is Creighton cant hang with X. Creighton played great, X played awful and we still won. Tomorrow is bracket preview show. I foresee a #1 seed in the future.

And that is why I don't like X fans on the whole... You have some good ones though! Stay classy Cincinnati! (Oh wait that is hard for you... Ok one drink away from finishing that sentence. ;) ) :lol: :roll: :twisted:

Give me winning over class every day of the week. By the way, you probably don't need to bother watching the preview show. It only highlights the top 16.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby kmacker69 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:01 pm

DudeAnon wrote:
kmacker69 wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:Fact is Creighton cant hang with X. Creighton played great, X played awful and we still won. Tomorrow is bracket preview show. I foresee a #1 seed in the future.

And that is why I don't like X fans on the whole... You have some good ones though! Stay classy Cincinnati! (Oh wait that is hard for you... Ok one drink away from finishing that sentence. ;) ) :lol: :roll: :twisted:

Give me winning over class every day of the week. By the way, you probably don't need to bother watching the preview show. It only highlights the top 16.

Yeah... https://media1.giphy.com/media/peeYKcwKoL172/giphy.gif
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby BEXU » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:08 pm

As mentioned many times, We don't claim this clown as an X fan. He's an A-10 troll. Please ignore him.
BEXU

Postby smails » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:00 am

kmacker69 wrote:Hey CU fans would you rather be screwed all game and not have the call at the end or have what you did today? Butler has 2 stars and the rest get nothing or worse... Almost like the BE has decided to go with good O over good D and the offensive stars get the MJ treatment... Live and die by it, but the calls go to the stars of the league. :roll:

GT, DePaul, and St John's are done playing doormat and want to be spoilers! Going to be a very interesting end to the season! :twisted:

Play better than the other teams best players or get ready for the screw job? I think we really only have a few bad refs that need to go, but they are making a conscious effort to protect the starts of the league...

Hey Cletus....has it ever occurred to you that the reason they're stars is because they are better at drawing fouls on people than non-stars? Or perhaps that they're more skilled than non-stars making them harder to guard without fouling?

Your material is tired
smails

Postby pki1998 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:19 am

I have never been a fan of the theory that the refs should swallow their whistles in the last seconds of the game because they shouldn't decide the outcome of the game. A foul is a foul regardless of the time on the clock, not calling a foul that should be called is effecting the outcome of the game. My thoughts on the two fouls at the end of the game.

Blueitt did foul the three point shooter and the foul should have been called. However that call often is not made in that situtation because a lot of refs "don't want to decide the outcome"

Goodin was NOT fouled at the end. Plain and simple my Musketeers got lucky on that one. If I was a Bluejay fan I would be really upset about that call.

There were many bad calls in the game all have an effect on the outcome of the game, it just stings more when one of them is in the final second. Both Creighton and Xavier played a hard fought close game today, and represented the conference well. When reading the message board after this one, I have been disappointed in some of the responses from my fellow Musketeer fans. There is never an excuse to belittle the fans of your opponent after a lose (especially a tough one like this one) Rather you should demonstrate good sportsmanship. All teams even my beloved Musketeers have a few fans who behave inappropriately. I hope the fans of the Big East realize these vocal few do not speak for the majority of Musketeer fans.
Xavier
pki1998

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board