#FireJLP Movement

The home for Big East hoops

#FireJLP Movement

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:28 pm

DePaul fans launched http://www.firejlp.com/. They have raised nearly $2,000 in three days at go fund me - https://www.gofundme.com/firejlp.

Wonder if this gets any traction in the coming weeks. Is it possible that DePaul cleans house? There are currently three different Lentis employed within the DePaul Athletic Department. Nepotism runs deep.

Where's Demon at to update?
GoldenWarrior11

#FireJLP Movement

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: #FireJLP Movement

Postby ecasadoSBU » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:16 pm

I wouldn't call a fund that has $2000 in three days a movement...

72 hours and only $2000 in cash. LOL
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby DeltaV » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:04 pm

ecasadoSBU wrote:I wouldn't call a fund that has $2000 in three days a movement...

72 hours and only $2000 in cash. LOL

For it to be a movement, you need 50 people to walk in, sing a bar of Alice's Restaurant, and walk out...
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Postby Demon22 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:11 pm

What I like about this is that they've been fairly respectful. Love her or hate her, JLP is a DePaul alum, a multi-sport athlete, and a member of the DePaul Athletics Hall of Fame. When I was a student-athlete, she was the assistant AD under Bill Bradshaw, and was probably the most popular person in the entire department. I didn't know anyone who had a bad word to say about her. Two weeks into my Freshman year, she knew my name and where I was from. She introduced herself to my parents one day, and she called them by name before I could even open my mouth. My team got home from a road trip late one night, and we found out she had made a phone call to make sure the cafeteria stayed open late for us.

She and her husband live across the street from the site of the old Alumni Hall. She's worked for the Athletic Department basically her whole life. She bleeds blue and red like few others do on this planet. So, yeah... I like her personally. And I KNOW that deep down, the way the Men's Basketball Program has struggled under her watch KILLS her. Every time I see her, she looks a little more defeated, and little more drained. I feel awful for her.

But yeah... it hasn't worked out. And it's time for fundamental changes. And I think those changes are coming. I just hope that when the time comes, the University finds a way to do right by her.
Demon22

Postby jfan » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:54 pm

Demon22, I went on the DePaul board after the Creighton game so I'm glad to see you didn't follow through on the "threat". It made me cringe just reading it, but it was very funny! By the way, I think that your team is making progress, they just need to learn to win that type of game. Obviously glad we won, but DePaul probably deserved better! For those who don't know what I'm talking about, Demon said he was going to go out to his car and slam the door on his junk--twice. He said it would be less painful than watching what happened to his team on Wed. As a fan, I can feel your pain of a close loss! (Maybe not the car door type though.)
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby DanofXav76 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Thanks for the insight on your AD Blue Demon. Everything i have ever read so negative and rips her to shreds. BE is just so tough and competitive it's hard for DePaul to get any traction. Impressive win at the Dunk today though. Congrats!
DanofXav76

Return to Big East basketball message board