Jeff Fogelson Passes (X and Seton Hall)

The home for Big East hoops

Jeff Fogelson Passes (X and Seton Hall)

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Jeff Fogelson Passes (X and Seton Hall)

Postby andymac » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:58 am

Jeff was a HUGE contributor to the growth of Xavier basketball. He master minded the move to Cincinnati Gardens in 1984 and fought for NIT home games that March resulting in watershed wins over Ohio State and Nebraska. Both games were sell-outs and made for great local TV. He negotiated the Muskies' first decent local TV contract(FOX19) and got XU on 700WLW Radio(50,000 watts-Clear Channel). Jeff hired Pete Gillen and Skip Prosser. He worked to improve the MCC and smoothed Dayton's entry into the league. He orchestrated Xavier's switch to the Atlantic 10 in 1994 bringing Dayton along for the ride again. Hard working-well connected-loyal and a great friend, he'd moved back to Cincinnati a few years ago after retiring from Seton Hall. Pete Gillen and I had breakfast with Jeff just last week. My best to his friends and family!! Without Jeff and Father Hoff and Bob Staak and Bill Daley and Gillen and Prosser modern day BIG EAST potential FINAL FOUR Xavier Basketball would not exist.
andymac

Postby BlueDog » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:46 am

andymac wrote:Jeff was a HUGE contributor to the growth of Xavier basketball. He master minded the move to Cincinnati Gardens in 1984 and fought for NIT home games that March resulting in watershed wins over Ohio State and Nebraska. Both games were sell-outs and made for great local TV. He negotiated the Muskies' first decent local TV contract(FOX19) and got XU on 700WLW Radio(50,000 watts-Clear Channel). Jeff hired Pete Gillen and Skip Prosser. He worked to improve the MCC and smoothed Dayton's entry into the league. He orchestrated Xavier's switch to the Atlantic 10 in 1994 bringing Dayton along for the ride again. Hard working-well connected-loyal and a great friend, he'd moved back to Cincinnati a few years ago after retiring from Seton Hall. Pete Gillen and I had breakfast with Jeff just last week. My best to his friends and family!! Without Jeff and Father Hoff and Bob Staak and Bill Daley and Gillen and Prosser modern day BIG EAST potential FINAL FOUR Xavier Basketball would not exist.

Take a bow yourself Andy Mac! Your incredibly exciting radio play-by-play made following the Muskies on the radio a treasure, back when all we had was radio coverage for the most part. It was truly a resurrection from the ashes, and has been a great ride for so many of us. Thanks for all you've done for the program over these many years!
Go X!
BlueDog

Postby DanofXav76 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:58 pm

BlueDog wrote:
andymac wrote:Jeff was a HUGE contributor to the growth of Xavier basketball. He master minded the move to Cincinnati Gardens in 1984 and fought for NIT home games that March resulting in watershed wins over Ohio State and Nebraska. Both games were sell-outs and made for great local TV. He negotiated the Muskies' first decent local TV contract(FOX19) and got XU on 700WLW Radio(50,000 watts-Clear Channel). Jeff hired Pete Gillen and Skip Prosser. He worked to improve the MCC and smoothed Dayton's entry into the league. He orchestrated Xavier's switch to the Atlantic 10 in 1994 bringing Dayton along for the ride again. Hard working-well connected-loyal and a great friend, he'd moved back to Cincinnati a few years ago after retiring from Seton Hall. Pete Gillen and I had breakfast with Jeff just last week. My best to his friends and family!! Without Jeff and Father Hoff and Bob Staak and Bill Daley and Gillen and Prosser modern day BIG EAST potential FINAL FOUR Xavier Basketball would not exist.

Take a bow yourself Andy Mac! Your incredibly exciting radio play-by-play made following the Muskies on the radio a treasure, back when all we had was radio coverage for the most part. It was truly a resurrection from the ashes, and has been a great ride for so many of us. Thanks for all you've done for the program over these many years!

And of course the "#1 in the country #2 in your own city call" Classic!! The faithful know of what I speak.
DanofXav76

Return to Big East basketball message board