NBC Sports: The New Big East will never be the Old Big East

The home for Big East hoops

Re: NBC Sports: The New Big East will never be the Old Big E

Postby NJRedman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:34 pm

billyjack wrote:I saw "Requiem" for the first time in 5 years last night on ESPN-U. It's so much easier to watch now, compared to when we had all the uncertainty back in 2013.

"Requiem" now plays out as a sad farewell tour for Syracuse... a sad bunch of Orangemen fans, leaving home go live in Outer Mongolia.

Nice thing is that if you watch it today, it gives you a pretty good history of the conference, especially the 80's. It has a heavy and ridiculous and hilarious "Syracuse at the center of the universe slant" (SU communications majors have an outsized influence at ESPN etc), but includes interviews with Ewing and Mullin, and all the coaches, nice to see Massimino.

But ultimately, when they show the MSG court being disassembled, in reality it's Syracuse fans only that are leaving for good, joining Club Denny's, i mean Club Waffle House, whether they know it or not.

Right? It was about all the schools who ruined the conference leaving! hahaha Sorry Pearl, but it was your schools greed that almost destroyed the conference.
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:25 am

Old vs new, young vs old, original vs new & improved...hah. I have used Zest and Speedstick forever - if it meets the designed needs, stick with it. If it doesn't - shitcan it.

Old = History. We learn from history and do not wish to relive it or repeat it.
The "old" gtmo made mucho mistakes & has 3 Ex's...definitely not an advocate of reliving or repeating history.

We have a strong, vibrant, and growing edition of the Big East. Let's make it greater (and not repeat mistakes). I, for one, could give a rats butt what the talking heads and former members say.

Lifelong members - let the past stay in the past. Yes, we can learn from it...but let's not allow the past to govern the Now!
New members - we can assist our older brethren staying in the now with us by spanking dat Heiney at every opportunity and by actively participating in all conference mattters.

Go Big East! #RollJays.

Waffle House? :lol: Give me Anthony's Steak House any day.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Novachap » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:10 pm

Preach GTMO!
Novachap

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board