(2) BE Games - Tues Feb 6th 2018...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) BE Games - Tues Feb 6th 2018...

Postby novahoops11 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:14 pm

Omaha1 wrote:I honestly sort of feel bad for Georgetown though.

Lol so I guess you're new here...

novahoops11

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEXU » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:30 pm

American X wrote:Georgetown is going to take some scalps sooner or later. I hope it is not when Xavier visits.

Nobody will want to play G'Town, SJU or, for that matter, DePaul in the BET. This Conference is a bear. Everybody has improved even if it doesn't show in the w/l column.
BEXU

Postby Burrito » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:39 pm

If the Hoyas just had an average Big East level point guard, they would have several more wins.

Jonathan Mulmore, Trey Dickerson and Jagan Mosely don't really cut it.

Georgetown had a 4 point lead over the Friars with a minute left in the game and ended up losing by 4 points.
Burrito

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:01 pm

BEXU wrote:
American X wrote:Georgetown is going to take some scalps sooner or later. I hope it is not when Xavier visits.

Nobody will want to play G'Town, SJU or, for that matter, DePaul in the BET. This Conference is a bear. Everybody has improved even if it doesn't show in the w/l column.

I actually would much rather see them than Butler, Marq, PC, SHU, etc., etc. Just a tough conference this year.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby stever20 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:09 pm

BEXU wrote:

Well after tonight, SJU can clinch playing on Wednesday in the BET. Georgetown and DePaul really close as well- if DePaul loses tonight they have 9 losses like Georgetown and 3-6 all would have 7-8 wins already. So the only teams that would be playing them in the BET are Villanova and Xavier.
stever20

Postby kmacker69 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:55 pm

Aren't any teams this year in the big east that will not make you look bad on a given night! Almost everyone has gotten better this year, but only two teams don't have weaknesses that are easy to expose. Nova and X need your best game and a little stumble to beat this year, but everyone else is beatable or tough when they are playing their A game! Some have players that can take over games and some are just dogged in their system, but they are all tough in their own way.
Nova and X have both, so are just hard to beat... (Yeah I hate to admit that for x, :( but they are tough against everyone but Nova, and who knows they might have gotten just tough enough to over come that one after the last one against Butler! ;) )

Great games almost every night, lets see who can rise to the occasion tonight! :D
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby MackNova » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:32 pm

Villanova without two of its six core players is a very beatable team.
MackNova

Postby XU85 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:01 pm

kmacker69 wrote:Aren't any teams this year in the big east that will not make you look bad on a given night! Almost everyone has gotten better this year, but only two teams don't have weaknesses that are easy to expose. Nova and X need your best game and a little stumble to beat this year, but everyone else is beatable or tough when they are playing their A game! Some have players that can take over games and some are just dogged in their system, but they are all tough in their own way.
Nova and X have both, so are just hard to beat... (Yeah I hate to admit that for x, :( but they are tough against everyone but Nova, and who knows they might have gotten just tough enough to over come that one after the last one against Butler! ;) )

Great games almost every night, lets see who can rise to the occasion tonight! :D

Is it possible you are coming over to the dark side and becoming a Xavier fan?

FWIW, I was very impressed with Butler last night after the 25-2 run by X. Martin is a beast and just couldn't put Butler away.
Xavier, 85 & 87
XU85

Postby Irishdawg » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:10 pm

XU85 wrote:

FWIW, I was very impressed with Butler last night after the 25-2 run by X. Martin is a beast and just couldn't put Butler away.

I think most Butler fans root for all Big East squads, including Xavier, outside of conference play. I know I do at least.

Just wish we got Martin for one more year. Having him and Tucker on the floor at the same time next season would have been pretty fun to watch. Bluiett came through when you needed him, and you've got so many weapons on offense. Has to be nice.
Irishdawg

Postby XU85 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:38 pm

Irishdawg wrote:
XU85 wrote:

I think most Butler fans root for all Big East squads, including Xavier, outside of conference play. I know I do at least.

Just wish we got Martin for one more year. Having him and Tucker on the floor at the same time next season would have been pretty fun to watch. Bluiett came through when you needed him, and you've got so many weapons on offense. Has to be nice.

Martin was almost unstoppable during Butler's comeback prompting me to text a buddy - Who would you rather have, Blueitt or Martin? Offensive stats are identical, but Martin plays defense.

Is McDermott a distance relative of Doug?
Xavier, 85 & 87
XU85

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board