Postby herodotus » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:57 pm

Badly needed comeback for PC.
herodotus

Re: (2) BE Games - Tues Feb 6th 2018...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby pki1998 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:02 pm

Jet915 wrote:Georgetown just doesn't know how to close games.

Maybe we can get them a game against Duke so they can learn!
Xavier
pki1998

Postby DeePhence » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:09 pm

Not one of the prettiest games, but we got an ugly, gritty win.

Govan is a P.R.O. Great player. Ewing's players have taken on his personality. Silent but tough. Great defense. They need better guards, but next year they're a factor in the league.

PC plays so much better when they let us play. I don't often gripe about refs, but they called too many cheap fouls on both ends, disrupted the flow, good players got early foul trouble, etc. We're much more watchable when it's more up and down. I think the whole league is generally more entertaining when the refs swallow the whistle. Tonight we just got a persnickety crew.

Hey, look at that, we're tied for third!

Let's go Friars! Cooley for Prez!
DeePhence

Postby DeadHeadHoya » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:17 pm

Those Refs were TERRIBLE at the end of the game. Bad calls both ways. Really fucked over Georgetown in the last 4 seconds...
DeadHeadHoya

Postby DanofXav76 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:48 am

Just back home now from Indy and just Wow. First ever trip to Hinkle, what a jewel! Crowd,game atmosphere and on court talent off the charts. Feel so fortunate to be there for some big time college basketball tonight.
DanofXav76

Postby MullinMayhem » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:18 am

I want to make it to Hinkle next season to see the place. Looks awesome, so much history. When I was at the BET last year, I ran into lots of Creighton, X, and Butler fans and they were all really cool. Fanbases like UConn and Cuse are jerks so it's refreshing to have more mature and knowledgeable fans to hang out with!
MullinMayhem

Postby Irishdawg » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:42 am

DanofXav76 wrote:Just back home now from Indy and just Wow. First ever trip to Hinkle, what a jewel! Crowd,game atmosphere and on court talent off the charts. Feel so fortunate to be there for some big time college basketball tonight.

Glad you were able to make it and enjoyed your time there, and got home safely (though I wish you and the other X fans would have had a little less fun in the end).

Will root for X in the tourney, just as I do every year. Just wish Butler could have gotten what would have been a big win last night. Badly need the rest of the home games, but all are far from guarantees.
Irishdawg

Postby EMT » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:56 am

DeePhence wrote:Not one of the prettiest games, but we got an ugly, gritty win.

Govan is a P.R.O. Great player. Ewing's players have taken on his personality. Silent but tough. Great defense. They need better guards, but next year they're a factor in the league.

PC plays so much better when they let us play. I don't often gripe about refs, but they called too many cheap fouls on both ends, disrupted the flow, good players got early foul trouble, etc. We're much more watchable when it's more up and down. I think the whole league is generally more entertaining when the refs swallow the whistle. Tonight we just got a persnickety crew.

Hey, look at that, we're tied for third!

I have liked the live look ins to Ewing's huddles all year. You can tell he's coached for years. Waters decommitting screwed them. He'd be Iverson lite with that front court.

Rodney's early brain farts set the tone for the Friars flow and it took Alpha 15 min to get going..
EMT

Postby American X » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:47 pm

Finally got to see a game at Hinkle Fieldhouse. What an incredible atmosphere and game. Butler could have pulled that one out, but Xavier just has 'it' this year.

Good luck rest of the way solidifying your bid, Bulldogs. The team I watched last night can win a couple in the tournament.

Kelan Martin should be an All-American. He was amazing to watch.
American X

Postby American X » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:49 pm

Georgetown is going to take some scalps sooner or later. I hope it is not when Xavier visits.
American X

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board