Re: Bracketology

Postby stever20 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:24 pm

Edrick wrote:#1 Villanova
#1 Xavier
#6 Butler
#8 Creighton
#9 Seton Hall
#10 Providence

-- Surprised to not see Marquette popping up on the lists yet.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... acketology

shows why this restart is so huge for Seton Hall/Providence. PC with a loss really probably falls into First Four category. They might very well need to win either both vs Georgetown and St John's or beat Xavier. 19 wins probably is their requirement.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby sju88grad » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:40 pm

JohnW22 wrote:Does anybody have a link to the site where you can predict the results in the remaining games and it will fill out where the teams will finish in the conference? I remember it last season haven’t seen it this year.

i found this one.....

http://bball.notnothing.net/bigeast.php?sport=mbb
sju88grad

Postby stever20 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:16 pm

so bracket matrix- updated last night. Only brackets from Tue/Wed are in matrix right now....
Villanova 2
Xavier 3
Creighton 31
Butler 33
Seton Hall 34
Providence 39

doesn't really include last nights games, and doesn't include obviously today's restarted game.
stever20

Postby JohnW22 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:45 pm

sju88grad wrote:
JohnW22 wrote:Does anybody have a link to the site where you can predict the results in the remaining games and it will fill out where the teams will finish in the conference? I remember it last season haven’t seen it this year.

i found this one.....

http://bball.notnothing.net/bigeast.php?sport=mbb

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks
XU
JohnW22

Postby MUWarrior1090 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:17 pm

#1 Xavier
#6 Butler
#8 Creighton
#9 Seton Hall
#10 Providence

They are showing up on lists. 7th team out on BracketMatrix. Most of the top ranked bracketologists have them right on the cutline. Lunardi, for whatever reason, has not included them.
MUWarrior1090

Postby stever20 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:39 pm

MUWarrior1090 wrote:
#1 Xavier
#6 Butler
#8 Creighton
#9 Seton Hall
#10 Providence

They are showing up on lists. 7th team out on BracketMatrix. Most of the top ranked bracketologists have them right on the cutline. Lunardi, for whatever reason, has not included them.

#1 Bracketville has them as 4th team out right now.
stever20

Postby ecasadoSBU » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:09 pm

I expect Marquette to bounce back into the Last 4 in/First 4 Out category in the next major BracketMatrix update.

Syracuse/Louisville both with losses, Baylor also lost.
Stony Brook Red, Connecticut Blue, and Big East basketball!
ecasadoSBU

Postby stever20 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:15 pm

ecasadoSBU wrote:I expect Marquette to bounce back into the Last 4 in/First 4 Out category in the next major BracketMatrix update.

Marquette really needs 3 wins the rest of the way to end the year(to include BET). Anything else, and they're looking at a RPI of around 60 or higher.
stever20

Postby herodotus » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:16 pm

ecasadoSBU wrote:I expect Marquette to bounce back into the Last 4 in/First 4 Out category in the next major BracketMatrix update.

Marquette has three winnable games to end the season. Win all three, and they should get in. Win 2, and they'll likely need to do some work in NYC. Lose 2, and that would pretty much prove that they aren't NCAA material. I think everyone else is safe, except for maybe PC. If they lose at X, they'll really need to take care of business vs GT, and SJU if they don't want to go int NY needing to add a win or two.
herodotus

Postby stever20 » Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:33 pm

herodotus wrote:

Marquette has three winnable games to end the season. Win all three, and they should get in. Win 2, and they'll likely need to do some work in NYC. Lose 2, and that would pretty much prove that they aren't NCAA material. I think everyone else is safe, except for maybe PC. If they lose at X, they'll really need to take care of business vs GT, and SJU if they don't want to go int NY needing to add a win or two.

I think Creighton has to beat DePaul any and all times they play them(including the BET)- or beat someone else besides DePaul.
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board