STADIUM

The home for Big East hoops

STADIUM

Postby whiteandblue77 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:32 pm

Watching Stadium TV since I cut the cord and have Sling but can't get CBSSN... So can't watch the BE game Fox sold off tonight. I know, not "the answer." Thinking YouTube TV is...

Regardless.

Watched an hour long interview with Boeheim interviewed by Seth Davis and didn't notice ONE question about the Big East or any reference. Seem to be avoiding the Big East on this lame channel. I like it though, the only completely free sports channel ever.

Thoughts?
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

STADIUM

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: STADIUM

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:03 am

Playstation Vue is way better than Sling.
TrueBlueJay

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:52 am

TrueBlueJay wrote:Playstation Vue is way better than Sling.

I haven't tried Vue but Sling was complete trash, so I am going to have to agree.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby cr8onbb » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:43 pm

I switched to YouTube TV right when it launched in Omaha. Loving it so far. Gives me all the sports channels I want without the price tag of cable. Setting up with the Chromecast sticks and then buying a couple antennas so as not to eat through all my data set me back a bit upfront, but ongoing it will be a decent cost savings and I haven't missed cable at all yet.
cr8onbb

Postby NJRedman » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:54 pm

Sling is great. I pay half as much for almost all the same channels.
NJRedman

Postby EMT » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:11 pm

friartv.com has every Friar game live.
EMT

Postby whiteandblue77 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:18 pm

cr8onbb wrote:I switched to YouTube TV right when it launched in Omaha. Loving it so far. Gives me all the sports channels I want without the price tag of cable. Setting up with the Chromecast sticks and then buying a couple antennas so as not to eat through all my data set me back a bit upfront, but ongoing it will be a decent cost savings and I haven't missed cable at all yet.

Yeah the best part is you can cancel any time and start up any time... even within minutes the billing is prorated. I think I'm going to try YouTube TV (free trial), it looks like a better sports package and someone on this thread gave it a thumbs up. Sling is having problems with BIG10 games because of contract problems with dish (or directv, I forget). Will prolly try Vue as well.

I'm definitely NEVER going to be getting cable again.
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Postby TrueBlueJay » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:22 pm

NJRedman wrote:

Sling is great. I pay half as much for almost all the same channels.

It isn't even close. For 45 bucks I get the big 10, all espn, fs1 and fs2, cbs sprorts, NBC sports, nba tv, mlb, nfl, sec and golf and all your normal channels and then some. I wish I had History, but that is the only channel I miss, and they really aren't what they used to be.

Plus from what I've read, Vue has a menu system that puts sling to shame. Sling doesn't have half the sports networks. Not even close when you compare them.
TrueBlueJay

Postby DeltaV » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:24 am

I got into DirecTV Now during the initial startup deal, so I get the (I think) $60/month package for $35 a month, as long as I keep the coverage. It's pretty good I think (and we actually just got CBSSPorts Network, which I thought no one got, for those random games that end up over there). I had sling for a while and didn't mind it...I've also heard Vue is great for the cost as well.
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Return to Big East basketball message board