(2) BE Games-Sunday 1/28/18

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) BE Games-Sunday 1/28/18

Postby NJRedman » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:04 pm

Letsgonova wrote:
MarquetteRustler wrote:Villanova with "great defense" and "great rebounding" to close out the game.

You guys were lucky to even be close. Worst defense I've seen Villanova play all year.

Isn't that what Nova fans said when they needed the refs to stop SJU's comeback?
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:27 pm

NJRedman wrote:
Letsgonova wrote:
MarquetteRustler wrote:Villanova with "great defense" and "great rebounding" to close out the game.

You guys were lucky to even be close. Worst defense I've seen Villanova play all year.

Isn't that what Nova fans said when they needed the refs to stop SJU's comeback?

I was at that game, there was one shitty call and Villanova was up by 4 at the time, considering we have beaten you 16 out of the last 17 times we played you I am thinking we still had a chance to pull it off. I am guessing shitty calls are not the reason you haven’t won a Big East game all season.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby Novachap » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:44 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:My boy Paschall was 5 of 5 from the 3?? It's a good thing he will be at the Toastmasters Buffet on Thursday nite. My boy...

...Oh, 5 of 5 (both games)... whew! I was fearing that the love of God had gotten into him and that he was a changed man.

"Another half dozen eclairs, please." :lol:

Hey GTMO-- I remember when you were talking about EP last year... how's this for memory lane? :D

https://www.foxsports.com/college-baske ... e?id=89059

Looking forward to a well played game.
Novachap

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:53 pm

gtmoBlue is my F’ing boy. Thursday night is going to be a very tough game, especially without Booth. If Villanova can pull off the W I will be very pleased.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:57 pm

Yo MUPanther... You can put up the Weds and Thurday game threads already... Thanks

NovaChap and Gumby. You know I luv Paschall like a son...he's dear to my heart and a great kid probably. He reminds me of the Eddie Murphy movie Nutty Prof., about to bust out of his uni at any moment. Another round of Krispy Cremes, please.

Last year was last year...in Radnor Township. The roof leaked, floor creaked, and the baskets were wicker. Refreshments were outside at Jay's sons lemonade and popcorn stand. Playing in my fav location this year - the WFC, a pro arena with all the amenities.

I'm thinking the Cats are a bit Full of themselves at this point...basking in the warm glow of success and achievement. Then along come Khyrifense (the #1 defensive player in the country) and the Jays, bursting the Cats prosperity bubble. Jays have played, but never beaten a #1 team.
1st time for everything. (that's what she said.) Should be a great contest.
Jays 87-83.

Hey Chesty... I'm lookin forward to a great college basketball game on Thursday evening.
Last edited by gtmoBlue on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:02 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Yo MUPanther... You can put up the Weds and Thurday game threads already... Thanks

NovaChap and Gumby. You know I luv Paschall like a son...he's dear to my heart and a great kid probably. He reminds me of the Eddie Murphy movie Nutty Prof., about to bust out of his uni at any moment. Another round of Krispy Cremes, please.

Last year was last year...in Radnor Township. The roof leaked, floor creaked, and the baskets were wicker. Refreshments were outside at Jay's sons lemonade and popcorn stand. Playing in my fav location this year - the WFC, a pro arena with all the amenities.

I'm thinking the Cats are a bit Full of themselves at this point...basking in the warm glow of success and achievement. Then along come Khyrifense and the Jays, bursting the Cats prosperity bubble. Should be a great contest.
Jays 87-83.

You may be right. Though Cats and bubble are not usually paired in the same sentence. Will be interesting to see if Big Mac puts Kyriefense on Brunson. If anyone has a chance to slow him down it might be Kyrie. Though how much sleep do you think Marcus F. will get knowing that Spider Bridges will be in his grill for 40 minutes. If that is the case he better hope for a bunch of screens and a bunch of switches so he can stay away from the best defender in the conference.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:12 pm

Brunson stirs the drink...of course Khyri will guard him. With our new kid filling in and garnering a bit of post respect, I expect Marcus, Khyri, and Toby to do their thing.
Jays defense is better than it looks..less Matador this year. Take Brunson out of his comfort zone and the Nova machine will slow down, if not grind to a halt (not likely).
A Battle of Wills. Top offensive player vs top defensive player. interesting battle.

Better men than Bridges (#2 defensive player in conference) have tried to stop Marcus...good luck to him.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Novachap » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:00 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Brunson stirs the drink...of course Khyri will guard him. With our new kid filling in and garnering a bit of post respect, I expect Marcus, Khyri, and Toby to do their thing.
Jays defense is better than it looks..less Matador this year. Take Brunson out of his comfort zone and the Nova machine will slow down, if not grind to a halt (not likely).
A Battle of Wills. Top offensive player vs top defensive player. interesting battle.

Better men than Bridges (#2 defensive player in conference) have tried to stop Marcus...good luck to him.

Gonna be a good one, Jays are good and Cats are beat up...but.... despite Booth being out and not being in the friendly confines of the Pavilion, I think the Cats continue the streak against the Blue Jays and make it 8 in a row and 11-2 all time... :)
Novachap

Postby NJRedman » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:18 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:
NJRedman wrote:
Letsgonova wrote:

I was at that game, there was one shitty call and Villanova was up by 4 at the time, considering we have beaten you 16 out of the last 17 times we played you I am thinking we still had a chance to pull it off. I am guessing shitty calls are not the reason you haven’t won a Big East game all season.

Cool I was watching on TV. Yes up four with Ponds going to the free throw line if they called it correctly and you guys going a freezing 0-17 at that point shooting so yes, I'd say they bailed you out.
NJRedman

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:08 pm

Whether a defensive slugfest or my personal fav...a run n shootfest, double check the operation of the DVR's and other devices. I got a feeling this will be a great one that we'll want to remember.

Go Nova - Go Creighton. Here's to a great show on Thursday.

Creighton
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board