UConn notified they are under NCAA investigation

The home for Big East hoops

Re: UConn notified they are under NCAA investigation

Postby MullinMayhem » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:47 am

Update: Supposed UConn insider says that he heard UConn was paying recruits to come. If true and there's proof they paid Sid Wilson then I wonder what penalty they will get. I feel like whenever it's the NCAA they almost never come down that hard. Maybe lose a scholarship or cancel postseason (that they weren't making anyway) for the year?
MullinMayhem

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Westbrook#36 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:39 am

Wow, if true, UConn can't even cheat good.
Westbrook#36

Postby BigmanU » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:08 pm

MullinMayhem wrote:Update: Supposed UConn insider says that he heard UConn was paying recruits to come. If true and there's proof they paid Sid Wilson then I wonder what penalty they will get. I feel like whenever it's the NCAA they almost never come down that hard. Maybe lose a scholarship or cancel postseason (that they weren't making anyway) for the year?

Ollie learned (Calhoun) from the best. They've been paying players for decades.

khalid El Amin asked John Thompson how much was he going to give him.
BigmanU

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:12 pm

And THIS (UConn) is the program so many of you want back in the Big East? lol...
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:25 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:And THIS (UConn) is the program so many of you want back in the Big East? lol...

We're too nice to each other. We need a villain. It used to be Cuse for many of us. Now who? Too many likable coaches, players and programs. I say we all take a vote and identify the player(s) we hate most and start there (grabbing pitchfork and torch)

A make a motion for....hmmm... I don't know... how about JPM? :lol: Any seconds on the motion?
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby paulxu » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:32 pm

I wish you guys woulda gone all Seton Hall on him when we visited.
Maybe the score would have been more respectable.
...he went up late, and I was already up there.
paulxu

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:22 pm

Far-Reaching NCAA Probe Focuses On Recruiting Process At UConn - Hartford Courant - January 31, 2018
The Courant has learned the NCAA has been interviewing various outside individuals, such as prep school coaches, about players UConn has recruited, whether or not they eventually committed to UConn.

According to a source with knowledge of the investigation, questions have been asked about numerous players, not necessarily one player or case, but generally about the program’s recruiting practices dating back a couple of years. The inquiry, which UConn acknowledged Friday, has been going on for some time.
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby xusandy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:52 pm

Oh my, oh my, what about all you guys who want UConn to get an invitation to return to the BEAST? I hope this investigation puts the nail in that coffin at last.
xusandy

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board