How to beat Villanova?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: How to beat Villanova?

Postby DeltaV » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:16 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:
Oh, this thread is about how to persevere and prevail vs Top Cat Villanova? Use a baseball bat.

OK Coach Cheney...
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:34 pm

Hey! Don't hate me because I'm old. I miss the old coaches - they had & were characters.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby billyjack » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:41 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Hey! Don't hate me because I'm old. I miss the old coaches - they had & were characters.

I think he's talking about the time Chaney had one of his Temple players literally break an opponent's arm.
Providence
billyjack

Postby DeePhence » Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:38 pm

I know it's an ugly episode and not one you should show your kids, but that presser when Chaney threatened to kill Calipari... Calipari literally looked like he saw his own ghost. I am sure he lost some bladder and/or bowel control. Never want see such a scene in college basketball, but it was almost worth it to see Calipari turn white and gulp.

Let's go Friars! Cooley for Prez!
DeePhence

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:01 pm

gtmoBlue wrote:Hey! Don't hate me because I'm old. I miss the old coaches - they had & were characters.

gtmoBlue is my F'ing boy!

Word on the street is that it will not require surgery and Phil will just be wearing a splint. Should be back in 4 to 6 weeks. If it were mid-February we would have a problem but looks like he and Samuels will both be back for the Big East tournament.

gtmo! You're my boy!
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:34 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:

gtmoBlue is my F'ing boy!

Word on the street is that it will not require surgery and Phil will just be wearing a splint. Should be back in 4 to 6 weeks. If it were mid-February we would have a problem but looks like he and Samuels will both be back for the Big East tournament.

gtmo! You're my boy!

Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board