Dear Student Sections

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Dear Student Sections

Postby handdownmandown » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:57 pm

So my choices are to side with the zip 'em up ridiculousness or the pompousness of the Butler Way?

Is there a third option?
handdownmandown

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby paulxu » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:23 pm

I'm pretty sure this young man doesn't need anyone to defend him.

...he went up late, and I was already up there.
paulxu

Postby DanofXav76 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:03 pm

That picture is worth the proverbial 1,000 words. Nuff said.
DanofXav76

Postby milksteak » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:46 am

DanofXav76 wrote:Let's see. "extremely dislikable" perfectly acceptable. "he's a punk" maybe but probably not. "he's a little bitch" really Milksteak? You are usually better than that. SH fan board has a thread up "I hate JP Macura". Vast majority of their posts show respect and appreciation for what they saw. Anyone who objectively watched yesterday's game would be impressed that this senior did everything his team needed, to beat a ranked team in their sold out arena in a very hostile environment.

He’s a villain man. That’s what he wants to be. Ask and you shall receive. Sorry not sorry.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby milksteak » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:49 am

handdownmandown wrote:So my choices are to side with the zip 'em up ridiculousness or the pompousness of the Butler Way?

Is there a third option?

Yeah, you could just not care at all. There are no “sides.” I’m not trying to start a discussion. All I’ve tried to do is explain why very few people outside of Xavier’s fan base dislike JP. That’s it. That’s literally it. But for whatever reason, I’m not doing a good job explaining that, so I’ll go participate in the other threads moving forward.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
milksteak

Postby Xudash » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:15 pm

milksteak wrote:
handdownmandown wrote:So my choices are to side with the zip 'em up ridiculousness or the pompousness of the Butler Way?

Is there a third option?

Yeah, you could just not care at all. There are no “sides.” I’m not trying to start a discussion. All I’ve tried to do is explain why very few people outside of Xavier’s fan base dislike JP. That’s it. That’s literally it. But for whatever reason, I’m not doing a good job explaining that, so I’ll go participate in the other threads moving forward.

Well, then this has been much ado about nothing. Very few, if any people inside Xavier's fan base dislike JP. And we would agree that few people outside the fan base dislike him as well, and probably simply have a grudging respect for him. ;)
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby milksteak » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:57 pm

Xudash wrote:
milksteak wrote:

Is there a third option?

Well, then this has been much ado about nothing. Very few, if any people inside Xavier's fan base dislike JP. And we would agree that few people outside the fan base dislike him as well, and probably simply have a grudging respect for him. ;)

Haha oops.
milksteak

Postby Schickrateez » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:16 pm

MUFlutieEffect wrote:Seems notable that only X fans have jumped in to defend JP

Notable in the sense that I imagine most people really don't care one way or the other. I'm a Xavier fan, I don't care if other fan bases like JP. On that same note, if there was a discussion about a Marquette player on here, I wouldn't care enough to comment on him one way or the other either. I'm guessing most people on this site are like me, and are tired of this discussion.
Schickrateez

Postby BEXU » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:32 pm

BE POW :D
BEXU

Postby MUFlutieEffect » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:18 pm

Schickrateez wrote:
MUFlutieEffect wrote:Seems notable that only X fans have jumped in to defend JP

Notable in the sense that I imagine most people really don't care one way or the other. I'm a Xavier fan, I don't care if other fan bases like JP. On that same note, if there was a discussion about a Marquette player on here, I wouldn't care enough to comment on him one way or the other either. I'm guessing most people on this site are like me, and are tired of this discussion.

Seems your message amounts to, 'I'm not very interested in discussing a Big East Basketball topic on a Big East Basketball message board.' Can't reasonably argue that it isn't relevant or that '"people don't really care enough" given the topic has >25 replies and >1000 views, including your own.
MUFlutieEffect

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board