Dear Student Sections

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Dear Student Sections

Postby smails » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:05 pm

milksteak wrote:
XtoDC wrote:JP is a total douche and antagonist on the court, but everything off the court about him is probably similar to 80% of the posters here on this message board.

80% of us haven’t been arrested, but keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

LOL...another butthurt Butler fan. I think it's great that he owns real estate in your dome..
smails

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby xu2002 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:17 pm

milksteak wrote:
XtoDC wrote:JP is a total douche and antagonist on the court, but everything off the court about him is probably similar to 80% of the posters here on this message board.

80% of us haven’t been arrested, but keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

So when Roosevelt Jones was arrested for drunk driving and resisting arrest, at age 24, were you that quick to consider him a terrible person? Or is it worse to drink underage and Moon someone? I personally prefer the guy who doesn’t get behind the wheel and endanger lives.
xu2002

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:40 pm

I guess the Nova student section was quiet as a church mouse. :D
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby pki1998 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:13 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:I guess the Nova student section was quiet as a church mouse. :D

I wouldn't have made the statement about not losing another road game, if we hadn't already play @Nova. I realize Nova is a great team but we have never even been competitive against you in Philly. Just hoping that X can pull off a miracle against you guys in Cincinnati.
Xavier
pki1998

Postby milksteak » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:03 pm

smails wrote:
milksteak wrote:

LOL...another butthurt Butler fan. I think it's great that he owns real estate in your dome..

Not butthurt. Just trying to explain why you guys are the only ones who like him.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby milksteak » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:04 pm

xu2002 wrote:
milksteak wrote:

So when Roosevelt Jones was arrested for drunk driving and resisting arrest, at age 24, were you that quick to consider him a terrible person? Or is it worse to drink underage and Moon someone? I personally prefer the guy who doesn’t get behind the wheel and endanger lives.

“Sucks as a person” was probably not the right way of saying it. That’s my bad. “He’s a punk” or “extremely dislikable” or “a little bitch” might be better? Idk.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby xu2002 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:08 pm

“Sucks as a person” was probably not the right way of saying it. That’s my bad. “He’s a punk” or “extremely dislikable” or “a little bitch” might be better? Idk.[/quote]

So salty. If he hadn’t decided to go to Xavier instead of Butler you’d eat up everything he does. The Butler Way
xu2002

Postby DanofXav76 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Let's see. "extremely dislikable" perfectly acceptable. "he's a punk" maybe but probably not. "he's a little bitch" really Milksteak? You are usually better than that. SH fan board has a thread up "I hate JP Macura". Vast majority of their posts show respect and appreciation for what they saw. Anyone who objectively watched yesterday's game would be impressed that this senior did everything his team needed, to beat a ranked team in their sold out arena in a very hostile environment.
DanofXav76

Postby BEXU » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:15 pm

Kid had 7 pts., 2 rebs, 2 assists and a steal in crunch time. He was all over the floor quite literally and did a fantastic job on Powell. SHU player said they might have been "tired" but, oh, JP played 35 minutes. Honestly, as an X fan, this was one of the most outstanding performances of "heart and hustle' I've ever seen on this team. Call him all the names you want, the kid is a baller.
BEXU

Postby MUFlutieEffect » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:50 pm

Seems notable that only X fans have jumped in to defend JP
MUFlutieEffect

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board