Dear Student Sections

The home for Big East hoops

Dear Student Sections

Postby pki1998 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Please please adopted Seton Halls J P sucks chant. J P uses stuff like that for fuel, and loves the opportunity to shut the haters up. It helped X today, and if it continues it might help in a future game. Also it's just a stupid chant to begin with because if an oppsosing player actually sucked you wouldn't be starting a chant about him.
Xavier
pki1998

Dear Student Sections

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Dear Student Sections

Postby milksteak » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:03 pm

pki1998 wrote:Also it's just a stupid chant to begin with because if an oppsosing player actually sucked you wouldn't be starting a chant about him.

Did you ever consider that the chant exists because JP sucks as a person?
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby Xudash » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:54 pm

milksteak wrote:
pki1998 wrote:Also it's just a stupid chant to begin with because if an oppsosing player actually sucked you wouldn't be starting a chant about him.

No. Because he doesn't suck as a person. He's a good young man.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby XUFan09 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:55 pm

Xudash wrote:
milksteak wrote:

No. Because he doesn't suck as a person. He's a good young man.

And an asshole on the court. But yeah, off the court, he's a great guy, albeit cocky.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:57 pm

But you understand why perhaps other fan bases might not see it that way right?
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Xudash » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:11 pm

Omaha1 wrote:But you understand why perhaps other fan bases might not see it that way right?

Sure.

Just as I imagine you would agree that it's pretty stupid and naïve to equate him to being a terrible person off the court just because he's a fierce competitor on the court.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby XUFan09 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:20 pm

Xudash wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:But you understand why perhaps other fan bases might not see it that way right?

Sure.

Just as I imagine you would agree that it's pretty stupid and naïve to equate him to being a terrible person off the court just because he's a fierce competitor on the court.

Exactly. I'd hate him on another team, but as an opposing player, not as a person.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby XtoDC » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:21 am

JP is a total douche and antagonist on the court, but everything off the court about him is probably similar to 80% of the posters here on this message board. He is a college kid that drinks and parties with friends, but cares about friends and family and causes and whatever on a typical day to day basis. I support the 90% of people that hate JP sleeves the basketball player, because hating opponents and having villains and rivals is what makes sports fun. That is why I will always be a blatant Xavier fan that supports playing Dayton on a home and home basis, or even adding them to the league (please ignore this part to comment on though, don't want this to get into realingnment territoy). There are that final 10% though that I'm not sure if they can differentiate between real life and stuff on the court.
XtoDC

Postby milksteak » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:02 am

XtoDC wrote:JP is a total douche and antagonist on the court, but everything off the court about him is probably similar to 80% of the posters here on this message board.

80% of us haven’t been arrested, but keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby pki1998 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:51 am

milksteak wrote:
XtoDC wrote:JP is a total douche and antagonist on the court, but everything off the court about him is probably similar to 80% of the posters here on this message board.

80% of us haven’t been arrested, but keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Are you saying you never drank under age? What about going to a bar underage? Using a fake ID? Okay most of us have never mooned someone one. But seriously does that mean the people that have suck as a person?

What does it say about someone posting anonymously on a message board who judges someone they have never meet? I am not saying that JP is an alter boy or the devil. The truth is I doubt anyone on this board knows the real awnser to the caliber of person that JP is. Like most of us he probably lies in between the two extremes. Outside of that night all you have to judge him on is that he plays hard and gets into the heads of the weak minded. You might want to consider how saying someone sucks as a person based on the little information you have makes you look. Judge not yet lest he be judged
Xavier
pki1998

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board