(5) BE Saturday Games 1/20/18

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (5) BE Saturday Games 1/20/18

Postby FriarTV » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:32 pm

billyjack wrote:
i forgot to tape the game, so i can't watch it again. Diallo hit a huge and-1 layup while protecting a 4 point lead. 1st half flagrant-1 on Watson when Hegner hit the deck... PC and the crowd lost its mojo at that point as a 10 point lead vanished quickly.

Just a heads up for those Friars/BE fans who don't know, I've been posting full game replays in HD for years now.

https://youtu.be/p8_-8TYWaXU
FriarTV

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DeePhence » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:51 pm

billyjack, interesting, what you're saying.

Wichita State basketball fans also root for the Jaguars?

Let's go Friars! Cooley for Prez!
DeePhence

Postby milksteak » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:56 am

DeePhence wrote:billyjack, interesting, what you're saying.

Hate to break it to you, but pretty much everyone outside of New England was a Jags fan yesterday. Even if they don’t dislike the Pats, I think a lot of people (myself included) just want something different for once.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby Irishdawg » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:25 pm

Yeah, needless to say, if it wasn't the Super Bowl where I'm going to be watching commercials, halftime show, etc. at a party with friends, I would have no interest in watching what I assume will be another Patriots coronation. Nothing against Brady and Co., I just don't think the Eagles are going to make the game very interesting.

In terms of the differences in fans, not to generalize, but I think folks that go to college basketball games are a different crowd than those that go to a pro football game, although if you've ever been to a Louisville-Kentucky game, you might disagree with me.
Irishdawg

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:47 pm

Irishdawg wrote:Yeah, needless to say, if it wasn't the Super Bowl where I'm going to be watching commercials, halftime show, etc. at a party with friends, I would have no interest in watching what I assume will be another Patriots coronation. Nothing against Brady and Co., I just don't think the Eagles are going to make the game very interesting.

In terms of the differences in fans, not to generalize, but I think folks that go to college basketball games are a different crowd than those that go to a pro football game, although if you've ever been to a Louisville-Kentucky game, you might disagree with me.

You haven't been paying attention if you don't think the Eagles will make a game of this. They have the better offensive line and defensive lines in this game. That goes a LONG way. You'll see.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby DeePhence » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:27 am

milksteak wrote:

Hate to break it to you, but pretty much everyone outside of New England was a Jags fan yesterday. Even if they don’t dislike the Pats, I think a lot of people (myself included) just want something different for once.

Oh I get that, and if I didn't live here I'd probably be one of them.
My point was that the behavior of the Jags fans that bill jack described seemed very similar to the Shocker fans that visited Providence two years ago in the NCAAs.

Let's go Friars! Cooley for Prez!
DeePhence

Postby thebigeXpress » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:43 am

milksteak wrote:

So based on your line of thinking you will find yourself rooting for Xavier because you want something different for once?
thebigeXpress

Postby Irishdawg » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:48 pm

thebigeXpress wrote:
milksteak wrote:

So based on your line of thinking you will find yourself rooting for Xavier because you want something different for once?

Based on how often Xavier beats Butler, isn't the smart play to continue rooting for the Dawgs?
Irishdawg

Postby billyjack » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:28 pm

quick comments from various responses...
- good thoughts on fans of hoops vs football. that couldv'e played a big part.
- right, i'm pretty sure every non New Englander is rooting against the Patriots.
- totally agree that the Eagles have a good chance of winning.
Providence
billyjack

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board