Bluejays fan in Providence

The home for Big East hoops

Postby dakphonics » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:04 pm

I’m in Providence tonight and would like to watch the CU basketball game vs Hall. Any cool sports bars or places on/near campus I should check out?
dakphonics

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bluejays fan in Providence

Postby CoachK » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:12 pm

Not really a bar person, but 2 possible thoughts nearby might be Ladder 133 on Douglas Ave, and Snookers closer to downtown. Both are less than 2 miles of both PC and downtown Providence.
Snookers is a large sports bar/pool hall, and Ladder 133 is a smaller pub type place.
CoachK

Postby FriarJ » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:52 pm

I think Ladder 133 would be a good try, not far from PC
FriarJ

Postby Friarsfan94 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:04 pm

If you want to venture into the city (like 10 minutes from campus lol) you could hit Bar Louie, G Pug, Congress House, Luxe Burger...there’s a lot of places, all of them have FS1. My favorite of those would either be G Pub (the basement, not Rooftop) or Bar Louie.
Friarsfan94

Postby gosports1 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:37 pm

I assume you are in town for PC Creighton? You probably don't want to hangout near campus (unless you're young , and want to hang with the students). The area near most of the campus isn't the best. if you are staying downtown, there are multiple bars and restaurants within walking distance of the Dunk and the hotels. If you just want to hang , have a burger few drinks on game try Union Station, Murphys, Blakes Trinity, Luxe. I will be in Providence this weekend and will be at least one of those.
gosports1

Return to Big East basketball message board