Opinion: Big East is better off if someone dethrones Nova

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Opinion: Big East is better off if someone dethrones Nov

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:31 am

Wizard of Westroads wrote:I don't think Nova will lose another conference game this year. Butler shooting was a fluke, and it won't happen again. I'm just praying that their juniors leave at the end of the season.

Jay Wright be like

Bump
Wizard of Westroads

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MackNova » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:07 pm

If someone dethrones Nova because Nova takes a step back and becomes a top-25 team instead of a top-5 team, that's terrible for the league.

If someone dethrones Nova because another team develops into a top-10 program, that would be wonderful for the league.

The problem with the Big East is that no Big East team besides Villanova has ever finished in the top 12 in KenPom. We have a nice league with one elite team, a couple top-25s, and several bubble teams each year. If another team can get to the level Villanova has played at, then the league goes from being good to great.
MackNova

Postby Omaha1 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:07 pm

Bump

If it means the big east gets 2 number one seeds in the NCAA tournament, then sure.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Xudash » Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:52 pm

If we land 2 Number One Seeds in the NCAAT, then the conference will have taken another nice step in solidifying its position in the club.

Of course, if we achieve that, along with getting a total of six teams in, we'll need to take all that out for a long, deep drive.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Jet915 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:58 pm

Xudash wrote:If we land 2 Number One Seeds in the NCAAT, then the conference will have taken another nice step in solidifying its position in the club.

Of course, if we achieve that, along with getting a total of six teams in, we'll need to take all that out for a long, deep drive.

I have a feeling the committee will not give a number 1 seed to whoever does not win the BET.
Jet915

Postby kayako » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:22 am

Jet915 wrote:I have a feeling the committee will not give a number 1 seed to whoever does not win the BET.

With Kansas and MSU losing today, I think UVA, VU, and Xavier are pretty set. The 4th 1 seed is probably going to Duke, Kansas, or maybe even Purdue, pending conference tournament results.
supernova
kayako

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:23 am

Congrats to all the X fans out there. 15-3 in this conference is ridiculous. Well deserved reg season championship.

Now please make sure you guys keep the crown polished and safe. We don’t want any spots on that sh!t when we get it back next year. :D
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Xudash » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:30 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:Congrats to all the X fans out there. 15-3 in this conference is ridiculous. Well deserved reg season championship.

Now please make sure you guys keep the crown polished and safe. We don’t want any spots on that sh!t when we get it back next year. :D

Thank you and very gracious of you.

And given Nova's track record around here, I'm taking you quite literally.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby MullinMayhem » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:10 am

Congrats to X. So many meat grinder games and they just know what to do in crunch time. Good coaching. I do think it's good for the conference since pundits especially on ESPN can't act like we are a 1 team wonder. The nation now knows that X and Nova are both national powers. Creighton would be an absolute beast in the top 25 if Krampejl never got hurt. Seton Hall has disappointed but still a good team this year and can be a sexy pick for an upset in the tourney. Would be nice to see St. John's and Georgetown both get back to being top 5 programs. That would help tremendously.
MullinMayhem

Postby mpwalsh8 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:48 pm

Surprrised no one posted this yet - someone updated the Xavier Wikipedia page earlier today, this was posted on the VU message board. Pretty funny. What is even funnier is it was passed along from a X grad to a VU grad.

mpwalsh8

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board