ESPN: Big East a Bloodbath

The home for Big East hoops

ESPN: Big East a Bloodbath

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: ESPN: Big East a Bloodbath

Postby kayako » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:24 pm

Kinda OT but I think next season has a chance to be even crazier with less gap between #1 and #10.
supernova
kayako

Postby SJUBBALL » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:23 pm

kayako wrote:Kinda OT but I think next season has a chance to be even crazier with less gap between #1 and #10.

I agree. With 3 solid recruits and 2 transfers, and pretty much everyone returning (I hope), St. John’s will have a way better roster next year. Will it translate to wins, I have no idea, but we will definitively have more talent and also St. John’s will be very big next year, for like the first time in a long time. We have some big dudes coming in
SJUBBALL

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:32 am

The Hall will naturally take a step back next year with all the talent and experience they're losing, but Myles Powell and Taurean Thompson should still provide a very dangerous inside-outside combination. In addition, they'll finally have a natural point guard running team, they expect to have a true rim protector for the first time in ages in Romaro Gill (who's redshirting this year), and I think Myles Cale is going to impress a lot of people with the increased role he'll inevitably have. They'll still be a tough out.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby MullinMayhem » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:03 pm

I sat through almost 10 years of Lavin/Mullin years. Lavin's records are very misleading. He had a ridiculously talented recruiting class on par with say Arizona and what did he do with them? Yeah, he won 20 games 3 years in a row blah blah. Any year he made the tourney, he had us barely squeak in by the skin of our teeth. Then, we went in and lost immediately. Zero NCAA wins. His claim to fame in the postseason is winning an NIT game on a buzzer-beater against stalwart St. Joe's. Hype every season, never lived up to it. Not even close.

Now with Mullin coming on board we of course got hyped again. He'd come save us, he's Chris freaking Mullin right? It's like a fairytale on Disney! Mullin rescues St. John's! Except most people forgot that there are no fairytales in Queens. Folks, it took me a while but I've finally learned my lesson. Never believe the hype with this program. It pains me to say that, but just being a cold hard realist. I used to give this program the benefit of the doubt. I really did. Those who remember me posting before the season know this. It's now time for St. John's to prove to US the fanbase and the rest of the country that they can do anything. Next season they will have more talent, but I refuse to believe they will make the tournament as Mullin has made it clear he's not able to coach at this level. The quicker we get rid of Mullin and co. the better.
MullinMayhem

Return to Big East basketball message board