(2) Big East Games on Friday 1/12/18

The home for Big East hoops

Re: (2) Big East Games on Friday 1/12/18

Postby billyjack » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:13 am

https://247sports.com/college/providenc ... -113612074

Here's the link to a great thread of Ed Cooley with his microphone on during the DePaul game.

Some of Cooley's comments were hilarious. Apparently pre-game on the Fox app he was uncensored. Really fun read. I like that Cooley lets the Friars suggest things in the huddle, listens to their suggestions, and trusts them. The guy is great.

With the game, wow, it was a series of runs. DePaul went on a 28-5 run from like the 6 minute mark of the first half, and went up 12, score of 46-34. DePaul was running us out of the building. PC then scored the next 24 points or so, to get a 58-46 lead maybe.

DePaul drained some threes to get it a 1 possession game with the ball, under 2 minutes. PC held on for the win.

The crowd was the noisiest I've heard it for a DePaul home game in a while. "Let's Go Friars" chant started early 2nd, but it was met with booing and hissing from a relatively good size Blue Demon crowd.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby kmacker69 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:35 am

billyjack wrote:https://247sports.com/college/providence/Board/102629/Contents/Cooley-Dave-Leitao-Miced-up-tonight-113612074

Here's the link to a great thread of Ed Cooley with his microphone on during the DePaul game.

Some of Cooley's comments were hilarious. Apparently pre-game on the Fox app he was uncensored. Really fun read. I like that Cooley lets the Friars suggest things in the huddle, listens to their suggestions, and trusts them. The guy is great.

With the game, wow, it was a series of runs. DePaul went on a 28-5 run from like the 6 minute mark of the first half, and went up 12, score of 46-34. DePaul was running us out of the building. PC then scored the next 24 points or so, to get a 58-46 lead maybe.

DePaul drained some threes to get it a 1 possession game with the ball, under 2 minutes. PC held on for the win.

The crowd was the noisiest I've heard it for a DePaul home game in a while. "Let's Go Friars" chant started early 2nd, but it was met with booing and hissing from a relatively good size Blue Demon crowd.

Wish I would have know about the pregame feed! That was some funny sh*t!

I really don't know what to think about DePual?!?! They play some good ball at times, but then some of the worst for long stretches also!
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby HoosierPal » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:45 am

Nildogg wrote:
MarquetteRustler wrote:Huge game at Hinkle tonight. I expect the crowd to be rockin since the fanbase knows Butler really needs this one.

I have a feeling this will not be a very good crowd actually. The 6:30 start time is odd, and the winter storm we're having today will definitely affect people. All the schools are shut down and it's icy and snowing heavy. I actually think it's not that bad but guarantee people will be staying home due to the cancellations and fear thanks to over-exaggerated news.

Everyone was at Banker's Life watching LeBron. BLF was sold out, and what a comeback for the home team. Watching Lance get into LeBron's head was priceless.
HoosierPal

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board