Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:55 pm

5 players from the BE in the Top 25 Wooden Award list:

- Bluiett
- Bridges
- Brunson
- Delagdo
- Foster

No conference had more players selected. #StarPower

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/page/woodenwatch0110182/oklahoma-sooners-trae-young-heads-wooden-award-midseason-top-25
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Wooden Award Top 25 List

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Wooden Award Top 25 List

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:07 pm

http://www.omaha.com/creighton/mens-basketball/nyatawa-teams-know-one-another-but-there-s-no-stopping/article_94d4fc39-ccd1-5942-ac80-287e97104317.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Seems like a good place to post this.

Every night in the Big East — no matter the depth of the scouting report or the determination of a defense to produce a lockdown performance — there is a player stepping onto the court who can catch fire and carry his team.
This is a league where a coach signals offensive plays from the sideline, then the opposing bench instantly shouts the plan crafted in practice for that concept. Sometimes you’ll see defenders shouting out the play based on the opposing team’s alignment.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby cujaysfan » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:08 pm

this is clearly pretty terrible for the league.

having to split attention between five different candidates just can't be spun as a positive thing.

pretty obvious that the AAC is leaps and bounds ahead of the Big East with their single candidate that they can promote
cujaysfan

Postby scoscox » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 pm

The conference just has a ridiculous amount of playmakers. I’d be surprised if any other conference comes close. On top of these 5 you have Khyri Thomas, kelan Martin, Desi Rodriguez, Khadeen Carrington, Markus foster, and Andrew rowsey. Those guys have as good a case as any to be on this list. Beyond that strus on Depaul, Derrickson and Govan on Georgetown have been really impressive. The league is absolutely loaded
scoscox

Postby kayako » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:56 pm

scoscox wrote:The conference just has a ridiculous amount of playmakers. I’d be surprised if any other conference comes close. On top of these 5 you have Khyri Thomas, kelan Martin, Desi Rodriguez, Khadeen Carrington, Markus foster, and Andrew rowsey. Those guys have as good a case as any to be on this list. Beyond that strus on Depaul, Derrickson and Govan on Georgetown have been really impressive. The league is absolutely loaded

I think you meant Howard. I'd add Phil Booth to the list.
supernova
kayako

Postby whiteandblue77 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:06 pm

scoscox wrote:The conference just has a ridiculous amount of playmakers. I’d be surprised if any other conference comes close. On top of these 5 you have Khyri Thomas, kelan Martin, Desi Rodriguez, Khadeen Carrington, Markus foster, and Andrew rowsey. Those guys have as good a case as any to be on this list. Beyond that strus on Depaul, Derrickson and Govan on Georgetown have been really impressive. The league is absolutely loaded

Foster's in there for CU but Khyri Thomas surely must have been close... should be in contention for the NABC Defensive Player of the Year award.
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Postby scoscox » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:28 pm

Yes thank you
scoscox

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:58 pm

Put this in the “not-gonna-happen-but-fun-to-dream” bucket: VU does not have Sr on the roster. Imagine another year with all these guys intact and a year older.

Unfortunately we all are going to graduate, or lose to pro careers, a lot of great players. Next year may be a Stevers paradise.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby Omaha1 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:43 pm

I honestly think Khyri Thomas has had a better season than Marcus Foster thus far.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Irishdawg » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:49 am

Omaha1 wrote:I honestly think Khyri Thomas has had a better season than Marcus Foster thus far.

When you look at both ends of the floor, I'd be hard pressed to disagree. Can't believe he still has another year left.
Irishdawg

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board